Thursday, February 1, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 32/334, 2024 - Thursday

Today was kind of a busy day, busy for me anyway. I don't have that much busy left in me, so... I got up, place the trash and recycling out at the curb, looked at emails and did all my usual stuff. It was only me and Paul walking, but it was a good walk. I left for Austin early, I was scheduled to donate blood at 9:30, and it seems like every time I schedule a blood donation early, traffic is a mess. It was this morning, and It took me over an hour to get there, BUT I was on time. I will schedule my next appointment for early April (I think), and I also think I am going to start donating platelets instead of whole blood. Platelet donation takes longer, but you can do it more often, I think every seven days. BUT, the catch is, platelets are only viable for seven days. I am not sure what the shelf life is for whole blood, but one way or the other, I am in. After that, it was on to the office. Sandy's for lunch, cheeseburgers all around! Then I have a 1:30 and a 2:30 appointment, and I made it home a little after 4. I started reading Astor, by Anderson Cooper today. It's a really easy read (listen). Nothing that you really need to think about. I'm pretty sure Tom Lake will be next on the list. I don't have big plans for the evening, but 2001: A Space Odyssey is on at 8...so I will hunkered down to watch that for the first time in 56 years. Perhaps this time I will understand what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment