Friday, February 16, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 47/319, 2024 - Friday

Okay, it is a secret no more. A few months ago, Paulina told me that she and Krisa were going to go to Las Cruces to celebrate Dan's birthday. I asked Mike if he wanted to go as well, and we put this plan in to action. Mike came in to Austin on Wednesday, and this morning, the four of us headed to El Paso, and we were retrieved from the airport by Dan, who we are convinced was surprised. When we got to Dan and Nancy's house, Dan let me and Mike off at the corner, and Dan, Paulina and Krisa went on to the house. Ten minutes later, Mike and I rang the doorbell, and Nancy answered the door. We are pretty sure Nancy was surprised, too. On Tuesday of this week, I started being plagued with allergies, and I an stuffed up, a bit of a sore throat, and overall just a little bit unwell. I did not sleep well last night, that's two nights this week, and did not sleep on the plane either. I almost always sleep on a plane ride. After I publish this journal entry, my plan is to curl up in bed with a box of Kleenex, and hope for the best. In the photo accompanying this entry: Dan, Nancy, Mike, me, Krisa and Paulina.

No comments:

Post a Comment