Thursday, February 15, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 46/320, 2024 - Thursday

I am tired, it has been kind of a busy day. It started with a nice walk this morning, me, Paul and Richard. We left for Austin at 9 o'clock, and on the way, we dropped off Samantha for a bus ride back to New Orleans. Then it was on to the office. I did some this, and I did some that, and then we were off to belatedly celebrate Carrie's birthday. She chose a relatively new place Electric Shuffle, in the Rainey Street District. Austin is really growing, and this is the epitome of concentrated living. Highrises, hotels, walk to everything, just be cool. I kind of think Electric Shuffle (to me) is kind of like Trader Joe's. I do not think I am cool enough for either place. The interior of the place is very interesting, everybody (almost) had fun playing shuffle board, and the food was good. The service is very much lacking. I did not know for sure if were ever going to order OR get our food. It is not a bad place for shuffle board and Happy Hours, but not for lunch. Whatever, nobody really cares (probably) about my old man opinion of the place. After lunch, we were back in the office, and then home. We had the neighborhood dinner tonight, at 2020 Scratch Kitchen, and we all had a great time. There were nine of us there, and it is good to get together. I am in charge of next months dinner, and I will start working on that next week. Now, it is time to call it a night!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment