Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 44/322, 2024 - Mardi Gras Day

More sturdy stands the bowing reed than doth the mighty Oak. It means I am flexible. More about that later. There was no walk for me this morning, I had a meeting in Austin at 9 o'clock, and I was supposed to register in for the meeting at 8:30. I left the house at 7:06 for a typically 35 to 45 minute commute. Again, as always happens when I am on a deadline, traffic sucked. I made it, kind of on time, and registered for the meeting with ten minutes to spare. That was my last meeting for the 2024 Texas REALTORS® Winter Meeting. Done! After that meeting, it was on to the office, and then I left for home at about 2 o'clock. When I got home, I had a text from Costco that my prescription was ready. I decided I would go get the prescription (it was now 4 o'clock), and on the way home, I would stop at Domino's and pick up one of their $19 specials I had seen on tv. When I got to Costco, I was informed that I had not read the text properly and that the prescription would be ready in about 30 minutes. What to do, what to do, what to do? A slice of pizza, a wiener and a Coke, that's what. That's the flexible part. Of course, while I was eating, I got another text that my prescription really was ready and I could go pick it up. So...then it was back home to feed the dogs and watch the news. I am actually partially nekkid right now, since I decided to do laundry. On a Tuesday. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment