Saturday, February 10, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 41/325, 2024 - Saturday

I slept nicely last night, and I was up before the alarm on my phone went off. I very rarely set an alarm, but, if there is something I need to do that is time sensitive, I set an alarm. I cannot think of the last time I have depended on an alarm to wake me up. SO, I was up before five, and I left the house at 6 to get to Austin for a 7 o'clock breakfast. It was barely raining on the way in to Austin, we only got 3/100" of rain overnight. It was good seeing more friends and colleagues from across Texas, and it was raining pretty well on the drive home. There were threats of lightning and hail, but we were not put off with those possibilities, and we left for estate sales at 10:30. The estate sales were pretty sparse pickings, but at one sale I bought a box full of stuff, including an inoperable Anniversary Clock, for $8. You never know about stuff you buy, and you just take your chances. Overall, I think the $8 buy was a pretty good deal. There was a nap or two to be had this afternoon, and I am about ready to go pile up with a bunch of dogs in the big chair. Not sure what is happening television wise, but I am sure I will find something to distract me. The photo accompanying this entry is the Austin group at the breakfast this morning, a great bunch of ABoR peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment