Sunday, May 5, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 126/240, 2024 - Sunday

Okay, well, this has been a pretty long day, but it has been a rewarding one as well. I had a few meetings today; the first was at 8:30 (Federal Legislative and Political Forum), a State Leadership Idea Exchange luncheon at noon, , a Large State Forum at 1:30 and a Leadership Idea Exchange Closing Session at 2:40. After that, I hung out with friends in the bar, and then the Austin Board of REALTORS® had a reception, and then dinner with many of my TREPAC family. It's not 10 o'clock in DC, and I am still awake, so there is something to be said for that. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day, with another meeting starting at 8:30, and going on throughout the day. There is a lot of work being done and a lot of business being done at these meetings, but one of the fringe benefits is seeing my friends and colleagues from across the country that I don't get to see that much. I met a new friend from Ireland this afternoon, too, and that is always nice. It rained most of the day here, but that was no real bother, since the convention center has tunnels and other ways to get from there to the hotel I am staying at, so there is really no need to be exposed to the elements. Is that what it will be like in 50 years? Artificial environments? I think about that a lot when I am at these meetings where you don't go outside for a week. Maybe I should just quit thinking. Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment