Friday, May 17, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 138/228, 2024 - Friday

Well, we did get a little more rain overnight, so a total of 2.31 inches for the day. It has been a beautiful day today, and I don't think there is any more rain in the forecast before Thursday. High pressure. That is what we hate in central Texas, it means HOT. But, for now, the walk this morning was fun, and then I was off to the city. I had an 11:30 meeting, and then I ran one errand, and then back to the office. Everything is under control. One of our office neighbors lost his keys, so I was searching for them, and had no luck locating them. It seems he drover about two miles to an appointment with his keys on the roof of the car. Apparently he is even older than me, and drives slower than me. There are not too many people around that accuse me of driving slowly. Hmmm. My cell phone just rang, and my computer has a complimentary ring as well. I have never heard my computer offer a 'ring' on behalf of my cell phone. Change is not good. The photo accompanying this journal entry is just a few blocks from the river on Guadalupe. I don't care how loud the sirens are or how bright the lights are flashing, there is nowhere for this EMS guy to go when traffic is stopped. Also, on the way home this afternoon, I got to see and hear a crash on MoPac two lanes away from me. Once again, I still think most people don't even know when they are idiots. And idiocy is not restricted to drivers. I believe I am one of the only sane people in the country, and I know I am stupid. Hopeless! Estate sales tomorrow, and all will be right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment