Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Volume 16 - Days 148/218 and 149/217, 2024 - Monday and Tuesday

It seems that I am back in business...I don't want to brag quite yet, not until I see if this journal entry posts and I can upload it to FaceBook. Let's start with Monday. Happy Memorial Day to y'all. We spent a nice day in Playa del Carmen, and went to Tulum to do some snorkeling, and then we went and floated around some cenotes for a while. It is always fun snorkeling, and I am kind of a late bloomer at that. As a matter-of-fact, I am kind of a late bloomer at everything I have done over the past thirty years or so. Whatever. I am still not disenchanted with PDC, and that makes me happy, too. Very walkable. We have not needed a car for anything we have done around PDC...well, we did need a tour bus to take us to Tulum, but I think that is different. This morning, Paulina and I went to exchange some dollars for pesos, and then we headed to a pet store called WowPaws, because I was not happy with the harnesses the girls had. SO, we got new harnesses, some girl food and some other stuff, and then we headed back to the condo. We got a little bit lost, but nothing tragic, but it was a nice long walk. My watch kept asking me if I wanted to record my walk. But I didn't. Also yesterday, Paulina and Oliver took their first scuba diving lesson, and I took it as well, just as a refresher. This afternoon, we did two dives, and it was much more comfortable for me than I was expecting. There was just this nagging anxiety about it, but I needn't have worried, everything was just fine. I am glad I took the refresher, too, because there is a lot of stuff to remember. I don't know the figure worldwide, but there is less than 1% of the population in the US that has ever scuba dived. Honestly, that is more than I expected. We will do two more dives tomorrow morning, and Paulina and Oliver will take their PADI certification test. Much fun. We did not take even one photo today, but we will get some tomorrow from the dive guide, and I will post one tomorrow. Maybe. In the meantime, the photo accompanying this entry is from yesterday, when we were snorkeling. That's me to the left in the photo, not the center!

No comments:

Post a Comment