Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 136/230, 2024 - Wednesday

Today was more of an ordinary day, which is the nicest way I can say that the sun, moon, stars and planets did not line up as nicely as they did yesterday. I did, however, make it through, and I admit I should not complain about the first world problems I am complaining about. The day started out nicely enough, and everything was fine until about noon. We had a nice walk this morning, then I was off to the office earlier than usual. I knew I was going to leave the office early, I needed to go to Costco to pick up a prescription, and I needed to be home in time for a 1:30 zoom call. So far, so good. I don't think I mentioned the Costco issue yesterday: I had called in a prescription refill to the Georgetown store, and I knew they had to get it approved by my doctor. No problem. Yesterday, Costco called me and said they did not have the drug, it was on back order. I called the Austin store where I used to get it refilled, and they had it, and they could pull the doctors authorization from the Georgetown store to the Austin store. Great. When I got there (Austin store) today, I was told there was a problem with my insurance. I thought this was odd, since I have never charged my insurance for this particular drug. Well, it was not an insurance issue at all, but the said they could not refill the prescription because it was a 'new prescription,' even though I have been refilling this drug for at least 20 years, maybe more. They knew that, they could see that. SO...they sent a refill to my doctor, and I called my doctor (cell phone), because he had just approved the refill yesterday, and I did not want him to think I was getting TWO sets of the prescriptions. Whatever. I got the prescription, and I got home with six minutes to spare before my zoom call. Mission accomplished. After that zoom call, I had another one starting at 3, and now I am tired. I am not even going to mention the email I got from Optimum that said I had not paid my most recent charge, even though I am on auto-pay. Nope, not gonna talk about it, wouldn't be prudent! We are supposed to get some rain tomorrow, and that will only make things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment