Saturday, May 25, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 146/220 - Saturday

Okay, well, I am not positive that taking the dogs to Playa was the smartest decision I have ever made, but we are here now, and there is no turning back. I was really anxious for the past several days, trying to make sure that I had done all the stuff I needed to do to take the dogs to Playa, and apparently, I did, but not necessarily in the right order. SO...I was up at 4 o'clock this morning, and left the house about 7 to go pick up Paulina and Oliver. The mules. We got to the airport about 9 o'clock for our 12:15 departure on American...and everything is extra. I am truthfully thinking about chartering a small plane and pilot if I bring the girls back to Playa, because it could not cost as much as this trip. Taking the girls alone was the cost of a ticket, AND, I booked the flights last year, and the prices went up since then, but I was not grandfathered in, even though I look like a Great Grandfather. Whatever. We made it through TSA in Austin and then we made it through customs and immigration and then through the health checks in Cancun. We made it to Playa at about 4:30, got the girls settled, and then went to get something to eat and did a little bit of grocery shopping. Oliver and Paulina just took the girls out for their last pee and we can't get the tv to work either. Where's Mikey when we need him. Tomorrow we will go snorkeling and then go to a cenote. The pick up time started out at 5:50, then it changed to 7, and now it is 8:15. At this rate, they may not pick us up until Tuesday. That won't work, because we are going scuba diving on Monday and Tuesday. FUN! From the looks of this photo, the girls and I are all tired. True Dat!

No comments:

Post a Comment