Thursday, May 16, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 137/229, 2024 - Thursday

Here we are again, my second best day of the week. We were expecting pretty strong storms this afternoon, and they did not disappoint. No hail that I know of, but there was one report of 1,100 cloud to ground lightning strikes in ten minutes. That's a lot. We got 1.96" of rain in a couple hours, and there is more rain expected overnight. I like rain and lightning and thunder while I am sleeping, and hope it wakes me up with a good show. Usually I sleep through it. May is historically our wettest month, and so far we have had 5.79" at the Curious House. Richard and James and I had a nice walk this morning, I took off for the city a little early, because I expected to leave the office early to miss the storms. I think central Texas was pretty lucky, further east there could be real flooding and challenges. I can't really think of anything of any interest to share with you that I did today, it has been pretty calm. Calm is good, 

No comments:

Post a Comment