Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day Ninety Eight...

For the last couple of nights, the dark skies have been cloudless and the moon has been HUGE and really bright. So bright, that I have to roll over to keep the moon out of my eyes (which is what happens when you have no window coverings, ON PURPOSE). The full moon is scheduled for Thursday night, but the sight of the moon in all its' glory just reinforces how cloudy it has been lately, and now that the clouds have moved on towards the east, it is back and very bright during the overnight hours. I am always happy to report on the beauty of my surroundings, and I am really happy to be aware of them, not to simply just take it for granted.

The temperatures are expected to be wonderfully spring-like for the rest of this week and into next week, with a pretty good chance of rain over the weekend. I will make myself a nice long-weekend this weekend, and get some chores done on Friday instead of over the weekend, and hopefully I will be able to sit for a while over the weekend. That is always the plan, but I always seem to come up with stuff to do.

IN THE HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF DEPARTMENT: Look at the photo in today's posting, and compare it with the photo that I posted two or three days ago. Is there any wonder why people hate driving on I-35. This is NAFTA at its' worst! I-35 is a straight shot from Mexico to Canada (well, pretty close to Canada, anyway) and it is just crazy at some times. Why do people drive down the Interstate Highway system in death traps...not necessarily to themselves, but to those around them...those sharing the road. What do you think the aerodynamics are of this vehicle? How long do you think this camper shell will stay secure to the rest of this vehicle once it maintains a speed of, oh, I don't know, let's say 35 MILES PER HOUR? And what happens to it when it falls onto the roadway at any speed at all? Your guess is as good as mine, but I am glad traffic was travelling at a slow rate this morning, or things would most likely have been much worse!

Okay, enough of that. My day today was (otherwise) relatively calm...a good meeting this morning in the office, a really waste of my time meeting at lunch today, and a mediocre meeting at the house this afternoon. There is still the possibility that the meeting at the house this afternoon can be salvaged, we will just have to wait and see the outcome. Anyhoo...

So, Jody and I went to Chipotle for dinner tonight, and it was yummy good. I had a chicken Burrito, and Jody had the vegetarian Burrito bowl...life is good, and I am reminding myself that I am the luckiest person in the world (even though you might not think I really feel that way when I go off on the topic du jour).

So, go out and do something really nice for yourself this time, since I am absolutely convinced that you deserve it. Sometimes doing something nice for yourself actually means doing something nice for others. You know, in order to grow better corn, you have to share your best seeds with your neighbors. Because the winds pollinate all the corn, yours and theirs, and if your neighbors are growning inferior corn, it will eventually make your corn inferior as well. So share what you have with others, and remember you have to share your best seeds with your neighbors, to make sure you grow the best corn!

No comments:

Post a Comment