Monday, April 6, 2009

Day Ninety Six...

It is windy (whatever) and cool this morning (not as cool as they were predicting) and it is supposed to be even cooler tomorrow morning. And maybe THEN that will be the last of the cool weather for this season. I think lows in the 60's and highs in the low-to-mid 80's would be just perfect for me, because for heaven's sake, I really do not like to be inconvenienced. That is so inconvenient! They are predicting a possible light freeze overnight tonight, but I hope they revise that forecast, since I really do not want to do all the stuff that would involve just for one night and then, just the possibility of a light freeze. Depending on who you believe, it could be the coldest day on record in Central Texas in April, but another prognosticator says our county (Williamson) may not even see a freeze. That is a problem when you live 50 miles from any television weather source, you are never really sure what is going to happen!

It should be a good day at work today, nothing really on my schedule, so I can play catch up, and hopefully get things started for my estimated income tax liability. That will entail entering several months worth of checks into my Quicken program, and that will take at least a day or two to accomplish.

RATTLESNAKE SACKING UPDATE: It seems the event was held this past weekend, and all I knew of it was what I saw on the two signs advertising the event. Unfortunately, there were no dates, times or locations included on the signs, so I had to look it up on the Internet. So, better planning for next year's event is called for, and maybe a little advance notice would be helpful as well. AND, maybe I should go into Taylor a little more regularly. If you are really interested, you can click on this link http://www.taylorjaycees.org/snake/index.htm and you can see details AND PHOTOS of past events. Whatever it takes to keep you informed, that is my mission!

I am absolutely, positively certain that there are hundreds of reasons for traffic accidents on our Interstate Highway Systems, one of which I AM POSITIVE is a driver taking photos of other drivers on the road. BUT REALLY! I honestly think one of the reasons could also be the total stupidity of the other drivers. Look at this truck! How long do you think the washer and dryer on a mesh-metal platform, designed to carry iced-down coolers filled with crawfish (mud-bugs if you are from Louisiana) is going to last? I predict it will be Maytag Mayhem before it gets to the county line! I will watch the evening news and the morning paper to let you know if my prediction was an accurate one. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

It was a good day at the office, and lots of work was done. It is really one of the first days in a long time that I had that luxury, and it was nice. I got some of my income tax stuff done, some Defensive Driving done, and actually some of my office work done! What a deal. This week will kind of be a short one, a full day in the office tomorrow, a couple meetings an Wednesday and an appointment at home in the late afternoon, Thursday will be a couple meetings and the office is going to see Aliens vs Monsters (at the Austin IMAX), and then Friday is Good Friday, so the office will be closing at noon, and I won't go in that day. Nice work if you can get it!

Jody made Mexican Pork Chops for diner tonight, yummy, yummy good! Big thick pork chops baked in a casserole with lots of rice, and onions, tomatoes and green peppers on the top. Like I said, yummy, yummy, yummy!

So, go make a good dinner for yourself, and always make enough to share. You never know who might drop by unexpectedly, and you need to be prepared. And if you have something left over, it would not hurt you to call someone up and ask them over for a quick bite!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy packing! Is that possibly an Illinois tag hanging on the Maytag? Could they really think they could get that far? Unless they were traveling southbound, then that would unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete