Monday, April 20, 2009

Day One Hundred Ten...

Yesterday I failed to mention that the wind turbine folks were back to finish up (clean up) what they had started (and almost completed) last week. It was just one man, and he called while I was out showing property (or maybe getting my hair cut) and said he was on his way from Dallas. He arrived as Jody and I were feeding cattle and left at about 5:45 PM, just in time for us to go out for catfish. Today, I will need to make a call to the company in Dallas to make sure everything is on track with Bartlett Electric Co-op for the pending installation of the turbines. I am hopeful they will be installed during the week of May 4th. Time will tell...

I have been down this road once this year (coming from the other direction) and had never noticed the sign as you turn off FM 972 onto CR 318. That is until Saturday afternoon when a couple of REALLY MUDDY big boy type pick-up trucks were being detained by a Sheriff's officer (and one of them was trying to pull the other one out of the muck. It will be a while before this road is navigible by ordinary vehicles, and I wonder what the consequences will be for the offending off-roaders? I wonder if there is a law that says you shall not tera up county roads with your giant trucks? That is another questions that we will just have to wait on the answer to.

The day turned out to be a very good one, I got a tremendous amount of work done in the office (I used a 'to-do' list and I have been doing that for years) and lots of the items got chacked off (actually, they got highlighted off). It is a true sense of accomplishment to look at the list and see the progress being made. My clients (Chad and Emily) got their contract accepted on their home purchase, and they are excited about that. The first-time-homebuyers incentives will work in their favor as well. This is a perfect time for homebuyers, all the stars and planets are aligned in the heavens!

I also had the pleasure of visiting a $1.5M home high above Austin that the owners are considering leasing and having us manage. It was a wonderful way to spend an hour or so on a beautiful day, about 75 degrees and clear as a bell. This is the kind of weather that only the Chamber of Commerce can make, and they need to capitalize on it (if only they could).

So, that was my day today, I am sure I forgot something really exciting that happened, and I will tell you about it tomorrow. For now, give some thought to doing something wonderful for someone that mys just be a little bit less fortunate than yourself. It does not have to be anything big, and certainly does not need to be anything of a monetary nature...just a kind word or a good deed or a hand with carrying the groceries into the house. Just any little something to let another member of the species know that you care. That's all. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment