Monday, April 27, 2009

Day One Hundred Seventeen...

It was a dark and stormy night...okay it was mostly dark, but there was a LOT of lightning and thunder, and it was pretty wet at some point overnight. AND the dog is afraid of thunder, and so he was barking and so I just gave up and got myself out of bed about 4:45 AM. When I went out to get the newspaper, it was not raining (just kind of a dribble of rain at that point) but there was almost 2" of rain in the gauge and I think that is pretty darn good. When I got home this afternoon, there was a little bit more rain (Jody said it had been a pretty steady drizzle all day long) and we are up to about 2.5". That is pretty darn good, and again, we will take whatever we can get. There is a chance of more rain tomorrow, then it tapers off, but there is another good chance of rain beginning next Sunday. Stay tuned...

I was off to the Board this morning, and I left a little bit earlier than I normally would, but there were no real traffic issues. It is another two days of the Leadership Training program, and today's class was about spokesperson training, and it was a very interesting class. All about how to react to questions and interviews, whether it will be via print or broadcast media, and lots of good little tips. We were also video taped for much of the class, and that was interesting. As an instructor, I did not think I would be particularly nervous doing that, but as it turned out, I was indeed nervous, but I will survive it. Many of the concepts of the training today are things I teach REALTORS during my classes, and so that will be something for me to incorporate if I am ever called upon to give interviews or respond to questions from the media about real estate and REALTOR issues. Again, all things considered, a very good class and I enjoyed it very much. Tomorrows topic is negotiations, and that should be interesting as well.

There was lots of thunder in the area during the classes, and lots of wet weather all around us. Coming home was pretty okay, again, the Board is ten miles closer to home than my normal commute, so that was good. After I exited the Interstate, I took a bit of a different route home, one that takes me over a low water crossing. I passed a sign that said "water over road" and had no intentions of crossing it if it was really bad, I just wanted to see how high the water was, and to take a photo. So, it may have been worse earlier in the day, but by the time I got there, it was just a bit over the road, and not a danger, so I took the photo and crossed, and lived to write about it as well!

I am looking forward to sleeping a little bit better tonight, and maybe tomorrow I will be able to determine if the battery charging on the riding mower was successful or not. A friend of ours (Rick) has graciously offered to come out this weekend and help us with some of the landscaping, so we are going to accept his offer, and hopefully we will get a lot of work done around the house this weekend. THANKS RICK!

Okay, go be a good and contributing member to society, MAKE NO JOKES ABOUT SWINE FLU, and do something nice for someone. You will be glad you did, and it will just be another star in your crown. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment