Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day One Hundred Eight...

Okay, I don't think there was too much rain overnight, but since I got home yesterday afternoon, we have had about another quarter-inch. I left for the office this morning about 7 AM and it rained pretty heavily at times, and so I expect we will have a good day of rain, mainly because I am going to be showing properties beginning at 10 AM, and that is always a joy to do (in the rain). Oh well, that is what I do to make a living, and I enjoy doing it! We are going to try and see ten homes today, and we will see how far we get into the process!

As I was driving to the first house on the tour, the skies cleared of rain, but it was still cloudy. I will take whatever I can get! We made it through the ten homes and all is well, I have an appointment tomorrow to show them one home again that they really liked. It is interesting that people are hesitant to make an offer on a home that they have seen on the first day they are shopping. It has happened before, and it will happen again, but if you find a home you like, you may as well make an offer and go for it. Anyway, they are really nice people, and it is important that they feel comfortable in the process. They will find the home that is best for them, and they will make an offer when the time is right.

On my way home, I was coming down one of the small roads, and there was this helicopter just buzzing around, very close to the ground, like it was looking for something. If this had been in Austin, I would have assumed it was a police copter looking for a bad guy, but this guy was covering too much territory, and not really concentrating on any one particular spot. Oh well, I got a couple photos, and then I got bored and went on home.

Jody and I went into Killeen this afternoon and bought two display cabinets that are very nice indeed, so we are on the road to resellers! It will be a lot of fun, I think, and we have both done that in the past, me in the re-sale business and Jody was more of a new merchandise retailer. It will be a good thing for both of us. The woman that owns the shop allowed us to take the cabinets directly to the store, so I did not have to unload, then reload and unload again. That in itself is a tremendous help.

Dinner tonight was stuffed salmon, and tomorrow we are going to try for catfish again. I need to get an early start in the morning and move the cattle to the other pasture, I am already two days late, but it is wet and muddy out there, so I have put it off for a couple days.

Go do something nice for someone, and maybe you could put a little something extra in the collection plate tomorrow. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment