Friday, April 17, 2009

Day One Hundred Seven...

Okay, it was another day of Leadership Training, and today we left the Board of REALTORS and traveled to the Texas Association of REALTORS for more Governmental Affairs training. Two weeks from Monday, we will have a day of Spokesperson Training and a day devoted to negotiations. Interesting information, and information that is very enlightening to all the members of the program. Today's photo is of Susie and me during lunch at the Texas Association of REALTORS, in front of a computer wall-paper that I thought would look like we were in a spring time meadow. So much for what I was thinking! AND I think I really need a haircut!

When I went outside to get the newspaper this morning, it had not yet begun to raid, but before I made it back into the house, it was raining. Interesting. It rained off-and-on driving into the city, but really did not rain hard at all in Austin. When I got home, I discovered there was almost 2 1/4 inches of rain in the rain gauge. That is wonderful, and it has rained more since I have been home. It is also supposed to rain overnight and into the morning. Yippee-Skippee. The only problem with that is, we have discovered that the dog is afraid of thunder and lightning, so if it gets really bad, I will sleep on the futon in Jody's study and let the dog sleep in that room with me. No reason for the dog to be terrified!

I am pretty much prepared to show a bunch of property tomorrow to clients, there are ten properties on the tour, and we are supposed to have bad weather, and I am not sure how far along we will get. But we are going to make a valiant effort, and hopefully they will find their perfect home, and we will be able to write a contract offer soon. The first-time home buyers program will really be a help to buyers, and our real estate business is really picking up in the Austin area. Yay for all of us!

We are having chicken pot pies for dinner tonight, yummy. So, I will be cutting this off shortly. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, we are definitely doing the vendor space in the little shop in Georgetown, and we will start that on May First (MAY DAY). So, for the next several days, we will be going through stuff to see what we will use to stock the space originally, and we have plenty of stuff to keep it stocked up, if we actually make any sales. AND there is a yard sale advertised in the neighborhood, so I may just have to stop on my way in to Austin in the morning. Oh, for crying out loud!

Okay, do something nice for someone, and maybe you could even contact a real estate professional and put in a contract on a house! I know that would really be appreciated by a lot of people! If you can't really go that far in your good deed actions, just be extra nice to someone, and try to do a good thing for someone who could really use the help. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment