Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day One Hundred Nine...

...traffic on the westbound cattle path of the JB Acre Farm came to a virtual standstill today as Farmer Bill moved the feeding troughs from the east pasture to the west pasture, and access was blocked for traffic in both directions by the gate on both ends of the barn. One cow was said to comment that she was planning to move with her calf to another area of the farm but was foiled in her attempt by "that big oafish bull, Mr. Speckles! He is always up in front!" Traffic resumed its normal pace soon after the troughs were secured in the west pasture, and Farmer Bill once again opened the gate. Traffic in all directions quickly returned to normal, and there were no casualties reported. Stay tuned to KCOW for updates.

One of the big stories I failed to mention to you yesterday was the rain...I know I told you there was a lot of rain, BUT, in total, we received over 3" of rain in the last two days! Yippee-Skippee! There is water in tanks that we have never had water in since we moved here. This place is a land of constant discovery, and I just love it.

I will be getting out shortly to go show some homes to buyers, and that is always fun, and it will be more so today because it promises to be a gorgeous day. Once I get back from that, I am going to start rummaging through stuff to put in the consignment shop. I will also have to start looking up pricing information on the Internet, so that will be a bit time consuming, but it will be fun!

Okay, the day is coming to an end, and it has been a beautiful day, all things considered. My clients made an offer on a property, and it has already been countered, and we shall see tomorrow whether or not the two sides can come to terms. This is the part of the process I really like, the negotiations. I like the negotiating, it is really fun!

I actually did get my haircut this afternoon, AND I reserved the extra space in the re-sale shop. That too is going to be fun. Jody and I went out and fed the cattle and we got several boxes of stuff out of the shed where the cattle feed is, to get it started to put in the vendor space. I have since been busy looking up prices on the Internet (God Bless EBay). We went to Catfish Parlour for dinner tonight (all this time I thought it was Catfish Cabin, but I was wrong). A very good dinner was had by all.

Tomorrow is another day, but try not to let this one pass by without having done something nice for someone. It is really not that hard to do, and you will feel good about yourself, and the person you have done a kindness for will be really appreciative. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment