Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day One Hundred Nineteen...

Today was kind of an up-and-down day...a little trauma here, a little trauma there...but all in all everything just worked out wonderfully. I got into the office at about 8:15 AM and got down to work. I had not been in the office since last week, so there was some catching up to do, but not as much as you would think. We are blessed to have two wonderful assistants in the office, River and Tom. For some reason, I am constantly calling River by the name of one of our former assistants, and that is not a good thing. The two of them are nothing at all alike, and I cannot figure this out. There must be some kind of deep rooted sub-conscious thing working that causes me to do that.

So, I got lots of stuff done in the office, and went off to run a few errands, and made some phone calls, and met with some folks in the office, and then I was off to the Board for the monthly Professional Development and Education Committee meeting. And I was running late, which is not like me at all. The luncheon before the meeting was nice, and the meeting was good (we always learn lots of stuff in these meetings) AND they area always dismissed on time...just like the Italian Railroads!

After the meeting, I got more errands accomplished on the way back to the office, and got more work done in the office, and left for home at about 4:15 PM. On the way home, I stopped at the Texas Store Fixture place on IH-35 and bought a few things for our new enterprise (which officially begins on Friday) AND I stopped at Tractor Supply in Georgetown to buy a new battery for the riding lawn mower that was left behind by the people we bought the farm from. I love tractor supply, and I always like stopping in there, but today I was on a mission, so I did not dilly-dally around, I just did what needed to be done and left.

When I got home, Jody was ready to go for dinner, and we went to another of my favorite places, LUBY'S! We have not been frequenting the Luby's in Georgetown as much as we would the one in Austin, because we find the folks there to just be kind of indifferent. The food is good and all, just everything about the place (the building, the interior and especially the staff) are just kind of blah...I really guess indifferent is about a good way to describe the experience. So, we have just decided to avoid it. Kind of the same with Chile's in Georgetown, nothing to be impressed about the place. We are threatening to try Applebee's again (we had a bad experience in an Applebee's about five or six years ago, but we are caving in to consider trying the one in Georgetown). We shall see...

So, when we got home from dinner, I put the battery in the lawn mower and I will be damned but the thing actually started. Who would have thunk that? I even cot a few swaths of grass with it. Okay, it started, but it needs a little bit of attention to it, so I may try calling Michael tomorrow and see if he wants to come and take a look at it.

We are expecting a few friends over on Saturday to help us do some yard work, so it would be nice if it were working well before that. Oh, and I am taking off on Friday to stock the new re-sale space, which I am really looking forward to. I hope it is going to be as much fun as I hope it will be. How is that for a double hope in one sentence?

Okay, I have had my pie, finished the blog, and it is about time for me to go to bed. Go and do something nice for someone, and make it something nice for yourself at the same time. Multi-tasking in the good deed department is perfectly okay. Just remember, HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment