Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day One Hundred Twenty...

All is well; there is nothing to fear! I know this may come as a shock to you, but everything is OK. It's worth reminding yourself that you've managed to come through everything that has ever happened in your life. You're the spearhead of evolution. Some people worry about death, but it's perfectly safe; organisms of one sort or another have been doing it for millions of years!
Fears, worries and anxieties only come when a person imagines unpleasant things in the past or the future. When you allow yourself to get into the present, you'll now realize that all is well; there is nothing to fear! Thanks to my friend Chad for sharing these thoughts with me (and now you). It was one of those 'Thanks, I needed that' moments.

Well, there was a lot more going on today than you may have expected (at least more than I expected). Property Management meeting this morning (scheduled for every Thursday morning, but sometimes there are schedule conflicts) and that was great. We really are lucky to have the staff that we have (both of them) and I am really lucky to have the business partner that I have. We have known each other for a really long time, and we are still talking to each other. That must be some kind of record. Today was my meals-on-wheels day, and that is always a joy. I only had six clients today, but most of them are really very nice people. I kid around with a lot of them, and we are all happy to see one another. After that I headed off to Lowe's for supplies, both for the office and for the house and this and that. Got back to the office and finished a load of paperwork, and headed out to get my car serviced at about 3:15 PM (my appointment was for 4 PM). 65K mile check up already. I put lots of miles on a car! I have been using the same service person for a long time, and she is the best. If you ever need your Toyota services, Sally is the one to do it for you!

I also stopped by the Collector's Market in Georgetown, where we will move in tomorrow, the first day of May. I just wanted to make sure they were ready for us, and all is good. It looks like a pretty large space now, but the owner says it won't seem so large once we start getting it stocked with our stuff. The the expandable space will be available on the 15th and that will be the end of it.

I got home and went out and fed the cattle, and I noticed that our neighbor had a new calf, but that I thought it looked a lot like a longhorn (they just have a different look to them), but all our cattle were accounted for, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. After I fed the cattle, I even went over to the fence to look and make sure it was on the neighbors side (Randy & Irene) and it was, with their cattle. I told Jody that Randy had another calf, and that I thought it was funny that I thought at first that it was one of ours. Anyway, after we had dinner, Randy called and said we had another calf on his side of the fence, and we talked about it for a while and sure enough it was one of our calf's, born today that had already escaped. Those darn calves! So here is the photo of the newest addition to the family. This will be the second calf that Daphne (the proud mama) has had since we have owned her. Congratulations all around!

Okay, that is enough for me for one day, I am exhausted! Go do a good deed for someone, and, by all means DON'T HAVE A COW, MAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment