Friday, April 10, 2009

Day One Hundred...

Today has been an absolutely brilliant day. A perfect day, a day that will be difficult to surpass in dayness! I slept (okay, I stayed in the bed) until almost 7 AM and got up and made coffee, and generally putzed around until Jody got up. We read the newspaper and I made egg loaf for breakfast, and putzed around the house a little bit more. We were expecting a few visitors to the house late morning/early afternoon, so we decided to go into Hutto and Taylor early. We got into Hutto probably around 10 AM and hit the Lowe's store, where we got some lovely colorful plants for the garden area around the pool...geraniums, zinnia (finally) and some moss roses. Then we went to the feed store in Taylor and got cattle food, and then it was on to Walmart, where I caved in and bought two giant teacup planters that I had been lusting for for months. I did not buy them earlier because I kept expecting them to lower the prices on the, but they did not, so I caved and bought them!

When we got home, I started unloading things from the truck (ten 50-pound bag of cattle feed for starts) and then got stuff pat around the pool. We had a call from the nursery folks who said they were on their way to take another look at all the thistle, and I was pleased to at least hear back from them. Also, our friend Gary was expected around noon, and we were planning to take him to a belated birthday lunch.

Gary got here about Noon-30, and we were all sitting around the pool, and there were the nursery folks. I went and talked with them for a while, and when they left, Gary, Jody and I headed out for Dale's Essenhaus, and I had the fried catfish dinner, Jody had grilled talapia and Gary had a Walburger (named because it is in the town of Walburg). Everything was yummy delicious, and we all had a nice chat over lunch. The place was hoppin', too! I forgot today was Friday (Good Friday) and that could have accounted for a lot of folks being there, and lots of school aged kids on a Holiday.

We then toured Gary through Walburg (for three or four minutes) and then we headed home. Jody piled up for a nap, and Gary and I went out to commiserate with the cattle. Gary and I then headed out on a little field trip and headed out for Salado. I wanted to show him what our wind generator would look like, and then we went into Salado (Gary had never been) and we stopped and had a couple scoops of ice cream (yea Bluebell). We then headed into Holland, and from there we went to Bartlett. On the spur of the moment, we stopped at the Bartlett Antique Mall (it sounds better than it really is) and while we were there, I asked the proprietor if she rented out spaces and she said yes, she had a couple spaces for rent. SO...I am thinking of renting a space there and putting some of the stuff we have all over the house in boxes at the Mall. Probably better than eBay, and it might be a way to get rid of some stuff. Jody and I are going to head over there and take a another look tomorrow. We may even scope out a couple of the other spots, and see if they rent out space, and see which one we like best.

Since we had a really big lunch, we are not having a formal dinner tonight, just kind of munching our way to bed time. I am going to vote for micro-wave popcorn, myself. So, since this is Easter weekend, maybe you can think of something nice to do for someone else. Try to remember how lucky you are, and don't forget to count your blessings. Many people are most likely not as fortunate as you are, and would really appreciate a good and unsolicited deed on your part. Enjoy the feeling you will get after that. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment