Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day Ninety One...

We saw the first hummingbird of the season last night in the garden, feasting on some salvia out by the pool...accompanied by a bunny rabbit...but that is a good sign. So, I put a shepherds hook out close to the salvia, and this afternoon, Jody filled one of the humming bird feeders with some nectar, and we should be ready to go now. We have another feeder that we think we will put in the front of the house, so we can watch for hummers as we sit in the office. It will be nice to cultivate some hummingbirds...my opinion is, 'if you feed them, they will come'. It worked last year at the other farm in Bastrop County, I see no reason why it should not work here. We ended up with about 8 regular visitors to the feeder there, and it is really a lot of fun to watch them zoom in and out.

Today my classes went really well (the proof will be in the evaluations), but all seemed to enjoy the classes, and there was a good bit of positive feed-back. I was surprised that there were over forty students in each of the classes, so I was very pleased with the turnout. It is the first of the month, so it is not the case that a lot of folks were there because their licenses expire in five days...I think most of them had a genuine interest in the subject, and that made it good.

I got home about 445 PM this afternoon, and since I had no lunch today (that happens a lot when I am teaching, we left for Jody's birthday dinner a little earlier than usual. We are true creatures of habit, very methodical, and on any given day, you can pretty much believe we are following our normal routines. We went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner in Round Rock, and it was very good. We both like the food there, and of course we brought some home to enjoy at another time. Don't get me started again on leftovers...

On the way home, we stopped at the Chevrolet Dealer in Georgetown, and I wanted to see if they had any information on the new Chevy Volt that is supposed to debut in 2010, or if they were taking names for a list when they are offered for sale. You would have thought I had just landed in a space ship in the parking lot...they had no information and they were not taking names or reservations for the cars...Well, it will be 2010 before you know it, and with the situation the car makers are in these days, I would have thought someone might have broached this subject with them, but I was wrong. The salesperson at the dealer was certainly not at all accommodating, and I wonder if that behavior has come down from the top, and if that has contributed in any way to their challenges they face currently. Oh well, there are other dealers, and I can ask them the same question at a later date.

So now we are all pretty much settled in for the evening, and life is good, we both have full tummies, and I am about to have a Popsicle. See if you cannot find it in your psyche to go and do something nice for someone tonight or early in the morning. It is always nice to do something for someone else, and I really think it will all come back to you in the end. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment