Friday, April 24, 2009

Day One Hundred Fourteen...

I am becoming a little bit anxious about the Hill Country Ride for AIDS tomorrow. I have not trained this year, and I have been plagued with a knee problem for the last several months. Okay, I am a guy, there is no need to seek medical attention until the leg actually falls off at the knee or it starts to discolor. So, I have just been gimping around for a long time, some days are better than others, but I have done what needed to be done at the time. Anyway, I still think I can make it and that will be it for another year. Just getting to the ride location will take a couple hours, then several hours for the ride, and then a couple hours hanging out post ride, and then a couple hours to get home. So I figure that will take up most of the Saturday. What do you think? If I leave the house tomorrow about 4:30 AM, that will get me there and back by about 7:00 PM. Hmmm...

I got a good bit of work done in the office today, and had lunch with my friend (and agent) Chad. He has been in classes most of the week, so he is in education overload. Another friend (and a former agent of ours) Heather texted (Is that a word? Spell chack does not recognize it.) me about the ride tomorrow. She is doing the ride as well, in fact I sold her my old bike, which of course now I wish I had kept. I tried to buy it back from her for half of what I sold it to her for, but she would have none of it. Go figure!

It looks like I will be number twelve in the ride tomorrow, and I think it will be a lot of fun. I saw one of my clients this morning (Geoffrey) and he is doing the ride as well. I may be surprised at the number of people I know who are doing the ride.

Chad and his partner Richard are coming out to borrow the trailer this evening, so we are all going to the Walburg German Restaurant for dinner. They had real problems on MoPac (Loop 1) on the way out here, something about people going backwards. At one point Chad called and I could hear horns honking and Richard screaming, so I am quite certain it was a delightful ride out from Austin. I luckily missed all of that, and now Chad is texting at every turn in the road. They are going to hook the trailer up to their truck first, and then we will all go to dinner. I wonder if the Polka band (the Walburg Boys) will be playing tonight?

Okay that is it for this entry. If you want to do something nice for someone else, you might consider making a small charitable contribution to an AIDS charity in your area. There are many people living with the disease, and a small contribution will help someone more than you can imagine. You will feel much better knowing you have done something worthwhile for someone less fortunate than yourself.

AND...Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment