Friday, May 1, 2009

Day One Hundred Twenty One...

Okay, you may think it is going to be all-calves-all-the-time, and it may well seem like that for another couple days, but I just think new born calves are just about the cutest things there are, so, bear with me for a while.

Even though I did not go into the office today, it is not because I was not working. The day started out early, as usual, and honestly, sometimes I think I need to go into the office just to get some rest. This morning, I went out to check on the new boy calf, and he was doing just fine, thank you very much. All was well in cow-land. Then I started loading the truck with stuff to take into the re-sale palace that we rented space in, the Collectors Market in Georgetown, Texas. We got there about 10:15 AM and left about 3 PM, and are not finished yet. We put some masking-tape barricades up (I am sure that will keep people out of the space) and we will be back on Sunday with more stuff and then we need to get everything priced. While we were there, we walked down the block to El Patron (a little Tex-Mex restaurant) and had lunch. Jody had Spinach Enchiladas and I had the chicken fajitas. Very good, and we will go back again. I highly recommend it.

On the way in to Georgetown, we kept trying to call the Sears store in Taylor (the only one we knew of in the area) and even after 10 AM their answering machine was coming on. While we were waiting on a traffic light in Georgetown, I looked over and there was a Sears store in the shopping center. So, we pulled in, and they had the blades we needed for the riding lawn mower, and that was MUCH simpler than I had anticipated it would be. So, things work out for the best, and now we know there is a Sears store in Georgetown. Interestingly in these small towns, the Sears stores are not REALLY Sears stores, the are Sears Franchises, almost like catalog stores but somewhat more expanded than that. They do have some merchandise available for purchase. When we got back to the house, we dropped the blades (three of them) over at Michael and Hubert's and they got them on the mower for us, and all is well in the garden tractor department for the moment.

So, tomorrow, we are having friends come over (they volunteered) to help us with the yard work. I think they volunteered for more than they are expecting. But, it is wonderful for them to be so generous with their time (Chad and Rick). Oh, and Chad sat for his Broker's licensing exam today and passed! Congratulations to him! I can tell you that is a TOUGH exam, and it is meant to separate the wheat from the chaff (so to speak), the basic agents from the superior agents. It was one of the most difficult tests I have ever taken, and that was almost ten years ago, and I doubt that it has gotten any simpler since then. So, once again, big KUDOS to Chad!

Okay, it is time for your good deed reminder, so think about what you can do that will have a positive impact on someone else. I need not be a big huge thing, maybe you could volunteer to weed someones flower bed (maybe mine), and that would be a tremendous help to someone. They will be happy for the help, and you will feel good about making the offer. Everybody wins! And don't forget the most important thing...HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment