Monday, May 18, 2009

Day One Hundred Thirty EIght...

Today was a nice, quiet, relatively uneventful day. Today was the last day of the Leadership Training class, and I think all involved were/are somewhat relieved. It was a long process, but a worthwhile one. The most important thing I got from the program was the interaction with other members of our association and of my profession in leadership positions. It was a very valuable tool to help me better understand the processes and procedures of our association and the state and national levels as well. Good job to Lynda and all the attendees. Well done!

Traffic to and from the Board offices today was remarkably calm and uneventful as well. I do not believe there were any stops, although a bad traffic day is like a bad boyfriend or girlfriend...you tend to forget all the bad parts and only remember the good parts...until you go back on the road and remember the bad parts! I got home from the office (and made telephone calls all the way, and more after I got home) and took the mule battery that has been charging overnight and reconnected it to the mule. Started up like a charm, so I hope I do not need to keep charging it periodically, hopefully this was a one time issue. When I disconnected the battery yesterday, I did notice that the wires to the positive terminal were not tight, so maybe it had been shorting out for a while, and I just did not recognize the symptoms. I will know better next time!

The cattle are all in fine shape, and the fly-rub is still connected, so the c-clamps that I hooked it up with yesterday is doing its' job as intended. I took a look at the hay in the pasture, and they have not been paying too much attention to it, so I assume they are happy with the grass, which is better for them anyway. And I think I am going to cut back on their feed, to at least one time per week, and maybe not even that much. Let them eat grass (a direct quote from Marie Antoinette, I think)!

So, all is well in this part of the world, the temperatures were very nice today, and the humidity somewhat lower than it has been . Life is good. Speaking of good, how goes it in the good deed department? It is never too late, so maybe you can get a jump start on tomorrow in case you missed any chances today. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment