Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day One Hundred Thirty Seven...

It was another busy day in Paradise, so what else is new? I started the day by going into the office, my goal was to be there by 8:30 AM, and I beat the goal by about 15 minutes, AND I stopped off on the way at the recycling center to drop off some cardboard boxes that we have been collecting (since we have been emptying more boxes by taking stuff to the resale market. AND there was lots of stuff for recycling from the party last week. So, now that is all taken care of, and I will be taking the ordinary recycling stuff into town on Tuesday for the regular pick up day.

ANYWAY, I got to the office and got a few things done because I will not be in the office tomorrow, it is the last day of Leadership Training. YIPPEE! It has been a long three months or so, and after tomorrow, there is only a half-day left (which includes the graduation and a luncheon. SO, tomorrow is it! After I got some things done in the office, I went to my appointment in Lakeway (closer to Hudson Bend actually) but I took the slow route. I was on a mission for chocolate covered sour cream donuts, and I was finally successful after the second attempt. So, with donuts in hand, I got gas (actually, I stopped to purchase gas, I had taken Jody's truck into town since the recycling was in his truck) and went to a convenience store to see if any of my LOTTO tickets were winners. $3. But that is more than I had won in a LONG time, so I think it is an omen that I am getting close to winning the big one, what do you think?

The appointment went well, and I headed back to Bartlett. Jody and I were scheduled to take more stuff to our consignment space, and I wanted to get a few more things out of the shed. Having done that, we took both trucks into Georgetown, and got the space looking pretty decent, and we found there is still lots of room for more stuff, and we have PLENTY of more stuff! After finishing that, we went over to El Patrons for lunch (okay whatever you want to call it at 3 PM). We both had spinach enchiladas, and they were really good, I must say!

We ended up getting home about 4:30 PM or so, and I put the new tires on the lawn tractor, and took it out for a teat spin. Then I went into Bartlett to run another little errand (more about that tomorrow, maybe), and when I got home we settled in to watch the news. After that, I went out to re-hang the fly-rub for the cattle in the back pasture, and the mule quit running, and so we now have the battery on a charger. Little bitty irritations, but not enough to be discouraging, just inconvenient. After that, I cleaned off the patio by the pool and moved the sodas and beer left over from last weekend into the garage refrigerator, so things are getting back to normal a little bit at a time.

Since we ate so late, neither one of us are hungry, so we are kind of skipping dinner, although I can tell one of the donuts may be calling me like an alluring siren, trying to get me to crash my ship upon the rocks...well, the ship cracked in pieces years ago, there is really no fight left in me!

I am about finished with this entry, and I have a feeling I am leaving something out, but I really can't remember what it is...kind of like when you walk into the kitchen and forget why you went in there in the first place. If I think about it between now and posting, I will amend the entry.

So, today was a great day for doing good deeds, and Jody and I did a couple together. How about yourself, did you do any good deeds today? Well, there is still plenty of time, and it is okay to do a make-up...two or three in one day is not against the rules. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment