Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day One Hundred Twenty Two...

Okay, it was kind of one of those things like, 'I saw it in the window and I just had to have it'. Or not. Anyway, the day began with me leaving the house and going into Taylor to get cattle feed. With stops before at WalMart and then to get gas ($63 for the truck and two gas cans). At WalMart, I picked up some tomato cages and some liquid nails (for a concrete birdbath, but that is a different story). Then on to the Feed Store. After that, I stopped at Tractor Supply and bought two gates for out by the barn, and that little windmill. I think I am going to have a windmill form out between the gazebo and the house, next to the pool where the tomato plants are. It sounds like a good idea, and we will see how it turns out. While I was at Tractor Supply, Miguel was there buying six bags of concrete to put the posts in for the gates. But we did not actually get to installing the posts today, and that will be discussed in the following paragraphs.

So, I got home with Miguel and Augustin in hot pursuit, and by that time Chad and Rick were already there, although they had JUST arrived. Anyway, we all got started on different parts of the yard (my job was mostly pulling weeds), Chad LITERALLY drove the tires off the riding mower; Rick mostly shredded with the tractor, Augustin pulled weeds and did the weed-eater, and Miguel used the other mower. Chad and Rick left at about 3 PM (I think) and Miguel and Augustin were here til about 6:30 PM, but the property looks great...probably better that it has looked since we have been here. BIG THANK YOUS to Chad and Rick for all their hard work AND for volunteering to do it as well.

Jody made pot roast for dinner tonight, and when I finish this entry I have to send a listing agreement to a client. THEN I think I will go to bed and take a little something to overcome the aches and pains...better sleeping through chemistry! Whatever...

So, now is your chance to do something nice for someone who least expects you to do something nice for them. Hopefully that will not be your spouse or significant other, but if that is the case, so be it. Just do it! Where have I heard that before? Oh, and HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment