Friday, May 8, 2009

Day One Hundred Twenty Eight...

Today was the penultimate day of Leadership Training, and although the training has been valuable and well worth it, it has also been exhausting and difficult. We are mostly A-Type personalities, and we are not used to sitting around in a classroom setting all day. Both yesterday and today were very good classes, but...there is a limit...there is only so much we can take...and I think we have found that point. One more class, and then the graduation. I have no idea what I will do with all that free time!

Well, there is really no news on the wind-turbine front. They were back today, and the turbines are still not up, in fact, if you were to go out there, it looks much like it did yesterday. They were kind of trying to fake me out that they would be back tomorrow (Saturday) but I truly believe they were just saying that to appease me...I have no doubt they will not be back until Monday. They need another piece of equipment to lift the masts into place, the piece of equipment that the 'scheduler' told me on Wednesday they would be bringing, and she needed to verify that we had not had any rain recently, because the piece of machinery weighed 26,000 pounds. Well, there was certainly no piece of machinery like that for the last two days, and that is most likely what they will need to complete the construction. So, they have WASTED two days, and two trips from Dallas, and there is still nothing to show for it. Whatever...

I used to be kind of surprised at the things I would see on I-35 during my daily commutes, but now I am hardly surprised at anything. I guess I never thought about all the stuff that went up and down the Interstate System, but seeing is believing (or at least understanding). So, this is how you get a broken down old Greyhound bus from one point to another, especially if the bus in question is incapable of its' own kind of locomotion. Just put it on a trailer and haul it to where ever you want it. It is somewhat disconcerting to see a behemoth such as this coming towards you on the Interstate, until you realize it is being towed. Hmmm...
Jody and Michael and I went to Catfish Parlour for dinner tonight, and a good time was had by all. The place was jumpin', too (and I had a beer). So now, after coming home and sitting out on the patio by the pool (and having a pop sickle) I am ready for bed. All laxed out, and ready to go to sleep.

I hope you found it easy to do a good deed for someone today, it should be getting easier and easier as you go along, and I hope you are finding it to be a rewarding and worthwhile use of your time, energy and resources. And, as long as you are at it, HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment