Friday, May 29, 2009

Day One Hundred Forty Nine...

Okay, so in anticipation of this wonderful day, I was in the parking lot at Shipley's Donuts in Georgetown before they even opened up this morning. It was just before 6 AM, but there I was, much to the consternation of the single employee that was trying to stock the shelves. Interestingly, when you get there that early, you find out that they do not make their own donuts on-site, but instead, they bring them in from a satellite commissary location, the EXACT location of which remains a secret. If the forces of evil ever found out the location of the donut-making-commissary location, the threat level would most likely need to be raised from its' current YELLOW level to at least ORANGE or maybe even RED! OMG!

I have an Ethics hearing to chair at the Board of REALTORS this morning, and of course I left the case file in the office yesterday, so I had to come to the office first and then back-track to the Board for the hearing. Traffic so far has been what you would expect before the sun comes up, and we shall see how it behaves for the rest of the day.

Work with me here...I hope to leave the office around 3 PM this afternoon, and I may need all the help I can get. I have one transaction that is scheduled to close today, and so for the Title Company has not received the closing instructions. The lenders (as a whole) are being really difficult since all the crap that has occurred in the last couple years, so they really have no respect for the process. Always one more piece of paper, but the issue I have is, they should ask for the piece of paper sooner than one day before closing. I am representing the seller in this deal, so I can blame it all on the Buyer's lender, and be happy with that. The issue is, if the transaction does not close, the Buyer will be in default, and the lenders do not really care about that. I will let you know how it all works out (which I am sure it will).

Well, the closing made, even though the Title Company did not get the documents until about 11:30 AM...and my clients appointment was at 11 AM. The Buyer's did their part of the closing at 1 PM, BUT the lender did not wire the funds to the Title company, therefore, the Buyer does not get the keys to the property until Monday. That is always such a disappointment. Sometimes you can get things worked out, and sometimes you can't...

The hearing today was an interesting one, and we found the respondent to be in violation of several Articles of the NAR Code of Ethics. There were a couple of the sited Articles that he was found not to be in violation of, but fair is fair. That was what the panel determined to be correct, and that is what we did.

I left the Board about 111:30 AM, and headed to the property I had listed, and removed the lock box from the property, then headed to the office. Unfortunately, I forgot to stop and get myself anything to eat, so I was hungry for most of the afternoon. I got the three security deposit refunds handled, and then Carrie (my business partner) checked to see if I was hungry, and she and I and Margaret (the bookkeeper) went next door for lunch. WE ALL HAD ONE BEER with our lunches, and Carrie is on pain meds as well because she has an abscessed tooth that is being extracted on Monday. Better living through chemistry is my motto! YIPPEE!

I left the office at about 3 PM, and did a few errands on the was home. One was to stop at the Collector's Market to pay our rent for the next month, and another was to stop at a little out-of-the-way place where I have commissioned a metal sculpture of three birds (kind of like herons) on a stone base for Jody as an anniversary gift. If any of you reading this know Jody, keep yer big mouths shut! IT is a surprise! We will be celebrating our 17th anniversary this year, and the time is certainly flying by! I will try to get photos of the sculpture posted as it goes along. It should be very nice, although the time between the idea and the reality is sometimes clouded with uncertainty. BUT...

Okay, I am looking forward to sleeping a little late in the morning. I need to move the cattle to the other pasture tomorrow, and on Sunday our hired man will be here to help with other work around the land. There is always something to be done, and you will read about most of it here in these posts!

Have a great rest of the day, and think about doing a good deed for someone. Try not to be selfish, and spread your generosity around a little bit. Keep some for yourself, but share with others. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment