Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day One Hundred Forty Six...

Okay, it was back to work today, and all went relatively well. I was back up at more-ro-less my usual time, about 4:45 AM, and got my morning rituals all done; coffee, paper, e-mails, this-and-that. I got on the road about 7 AM, and traffic was not too terrible, and I discovered this afternoon that the University of Texas (Hook 'Em) is out for the summer, so that may explain some of the ease in traffic congestion.

Got lots of stuff done at the office this morning, one of the most important things was putting fresh batteries in the wall clocks in my office. They have been slowing down a lot in the last week or so, and we did not have any new batteries, BUT they arrived today. No use making a special trip just for batteries, just put them on the list from Office Depot and they will get here when they get here. In the meantime, I thought time was kind of standing still.

My business partner (Carrie) and I went to check out a property of hers that she has been having some renovation work done on, and then we went to Bed, Bath & Beyond, and then we went to Costco after that. We bought a two-pack of bacon (she wanted the bacon) and I split it with her, and therefore we had to take the bacon back to the office and put it in the refrigerator before we could go to lunch.

We then took off for lunch at Magnolia Cafe, and I had a ham & cheese omelet, with a short stack of buttermilk pancakes. Carrie always is happy to split the pancakes with me, so that is a good thing. Anyway, we had a good talk about the direction we see our business going, and we did some good strategic planning, and I think we have a good understanding about the direction we both want our business to go. The action plan items will be relatively easy to implement, and that is a great accomplishment. We shall see...

I left the office at about 4 PM, and traffic was okay. I had intended to make several telephone calls while driving, but no one I needed to speak with was available, so I had to leave voice-mail messages. I will get caught up eventually.

Dinner tonight is left-over meat loaf, and I am happy for that. I love left overs, and I am really not very picky about what I eat (and I am certain that is evident judging by my physique). OH, I also got a gardenia plant at Costco, they are lovely, but we need to add Epsom salts to the soil here in Texas or they do not do very well.

Have a great rest of your day, and do something nice for someone. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment