Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day One Hundred Forty One...

Today was another pretty good day. I got into the office for the Property Management meeting, and then got a few things done, and then it was time for Meals-on-Wheels. One of my clients was not home, so guess what I had for lunch? Yup, a perfectly balanced recommended daily allowance of processed food that was tough and bland. No wonder real folks do not like to eat foods that are good for them, there is no taste and the portions are minuscule (I apologize for my obviously improper remarks in yesterdays entry).

After that, I had a Noon-30 appointment that was very nice, and then I headed north to a property walk-through before closing. I met my clients at the property they are purchasing, and then we headed to the Title Company for the close. We are still not certain as to whether the transaction will fund today or not, but there is still a possibility that it will, which will mean my client (Chad) will get the keys to the new home today, and not have to wait until tomorrow. We shall see. **Okay, I just got the call from the Title Company, the deal has funded, and Chad and his lovely fiance Emily will be getting their keys tonight. It is no fun to buy a house and then have to wait an extra day to get the keys. You want to go to YOUR new home and just kind of walk around in the big emptiness. I know, I have done it many times in the past.

Anyway, we are all on the downhill side of the long Holiday weekend, and that will be very nice. I like extra long weekends, and there is always a lot of stuff to do around the house, and I like it. Did I mention that I like it?

Tomorrow, we have an appointment in the office with our web-developer guru, to see what they have been working on, and that will be fun, especially since he is trying to bribe us with breakfast tacos. Yum!

I am not sure, but I suspect we will be having meat-loaf leftovers for dinner tonight, and that is just perfect for me. Dinner, clean the kitchen and then go and sit out by the pool. What could be better?

This being a long Holiday weekend, I hope you are giving yourself some time to think about extra special good deeds you can get accomplished. Remember, it does not have to be anything costly, and you don't have to go out of your way to do it. Just try to do something nice for someone, someone that does not expect it of you. You will be happy you did, and I know the recipient of your kindness will appreciate it. AND HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment