Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day One Hundred Twenty Five...

I have every intention of this being a calmer and more peaceful day. And so do not screw it up! Seriously, my schedule today is much more flexible, and there is a good chance that it will be a very productive and calm one. We shall see...

Did I mention that there is a mouse in my car? I think so, and it is still there, almost a week after I first figured it out. So, today will be the day ta ht I do battle with the mouse, among other things. I have no confidence whatsoever that I will be able to outsmart the mouse; it definitely has the benefit of age and speed on its' side, but I have a bigger brain, which may or may not be to my advantage. Anyway, I will be armed with a trap and peanut butter, so if the trap does not do its' job, perhaps it will contract salmonella from the peanut butter. I am just hoping it does not curl up and die somewhere remote and then I will have to live with the stink for a long time. Had your breakfast yet?

Okay, well when I got to the office, I discovered that I had left the mouse traps at home. I had already cleaned out the glove box, and was ready to set the traps, and they were not in my brief case. So, it must be some celestial thing that the mouse is not to be done in, but I have a different opinion. Our administrative assistant River tried to talk reason with the mouse, and opened up the glove box, disconnected the glove box from its' moorings and left the car doors open for most of the morning. As far as we know, the mouse did not make a leap for freedom and now I am in a full court press to shed the mouse from my vehicle. I will let you know how it all works out.

As expected, today was a good day at the office, and traffic both ways was not terrible. I got caught up on lots of office work, and I am trying to stay caught up because I will be in Leadership training classes on Thursday and Friday. The Ombudsman case load for the Texas Association of REALTORS is much heavier this year than last year. So far three cases in two business days. This may get to be an issue before it is all over. We shall see...

So, are you having a good Cinco de Mayo? Hope so. It is time for me to go and stick my feet (and maybe more) in the pool. It was in the 90's today, and it is beginning to get a little bit humid. Ahhh, summer time in Texas...what could be better? AND this is still May...who knows what August may bring?

Go do a good deed for someone, and maybe you can do an extra one for me at the same time. I will not be able to deliver my Meals-on-Wheels route this week, so that makes me sad. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment