Friday, May 22, 2009

Day One Hundred Forty Two...

Okay, so there I was, minding my own business, not causing anyone any problems. I was sitting at the breakfast room table, dressed rather casually in my underwear, reading the paper and finishing my cinnamon-raisin bagel and out of the corner of my eye I notice movement at the pool. There was Jeanette (the pool lady) and her son at 6:20 AM servicing the pool. I was a little bit surprised by the early hour, but I acted casually and kept on about my business. I guess it did not bother them because they did not really pay me any attention, and we all kept on with what we were doing. I finished my breakfast, they cleaned the pool, and life went on as scheduled!

Overall, today was another great day. I got into the office, got some work done and was pretty much ready for our 9 AM meeting with the web-site guru. Progress is being made, and all is well on that front. He also brought breakfast tacos, and I made a pig of myself and had two. Yum! Which of course meant that, when it was time to head out for lunch, I was not hungry. Chad and I (Chad that works with us, not the Chad that closed on his new home yesterday) went to Panera Bakery on Bee Cave Road in Westlake, where I had a Pepsi and I bought two muffins to bring home for breakfast tomorrow. We had a nice lunch and talked about things going on in our careers, and plans each of us have for our futures. A good lunch.

I got back to the office, did a little more work, and headed home for an early start to the Memorial Day Holiday. I feel kind of like I won the I-35 traffic lotto this week. Traffic has not been terrible at all for me and those around me on the Interstate, but others have not been as fortunate. I have had some traffic slowdowns during the week (and some traffic stand-stills as well) but overall it has not been terrible, and I have been averaging an hour commute pretty much all week. Life is good. The worst I have seen this week was this fender-bender in the southbound lanes while I was heading north this afternoon. SO, I hope it continues, and soon school will be out for the summer, which is always good for reduced traffic congestion.

When I got home this afternoon, Jody and I both decided to hit the pool. It was lovely, just a bit cool at the very beginning, but very comfortable after we got in. We stayed in the pool for about an hour, and when we got out, we decided to try the outdoor shower that the previous owners installed off the gazebo. It worked well, and since we converted the pool to salt-water, it is convenient for getting the salt off the bodies and out of the hair. Very nice!

Jody is in the kitchen cooking chicken livers and onions for dinner tonight. YUM for the fourth or fifth time. I am getting hungry since I had no lunch, and I will be happy to eat. After I get the kitchen cleaned up, I imagine we will hit the patio again and enjoy the sun and the breeze and watch the hummingbirds, etc.

Probably gonna have a few chores to get completed this weekend. Got some things planned for Saturday, and company coming over on Sunday. Maybe try to take in a couple local Memorial Day Parades here and there, but a whole lot of not much is what we really have planned.

Get some good deeds done, and chalk up a few points for yourself. It will make you a happier person overall. Volunteering is always a good thing to do, and I am relatively certain there are many volunteer opportunities available that would really appreciate your help. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment