Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day One Hundred Forty...

Okay, first things first! We went to dinner tonight in Taylor and, although we had a choice of at least three restaurants, I basically chose to go to the Sirloin Stockade. I swear that only a week ago they had a big cow on top of the sign, but it was gone tonight. It turned out to be a buffet, All You CAN Eat (as opposed to all you CARE to eat) which is code for all the really overfed people need to come here and eat AS MUCH food as you possibly can and then go home and shove your fists down your throats until you puke. Why do you think we (as a society) are so overweight? Come on people, think about it. We really should have (okay I should have suggested) that we go somewhere else, but we stayed. The food was abundant but underwhelming. The people at a table near us ate and ate and ate, and they really wasted more food than I think they really ate. Okay, so by now you should kind of get my point.

I will go on to more fertile (probably not), and likely less inflammatory diatribes.

It was a good day again today, and on the way to work the radio news person was discussing the fact that TXDOT (the transportation department) was surprised at how much traffic the new toll road was experiencing. SO, maybe that is part of the reason that traffic has seemed more manageable the past couple weeks, and maybe it is not ALL the economy. Whatever is the cause, I am happy about it. Now, having said that, I am sure traffic tomorrow will be totally unacceptable, and we will be back to the old routine.

I spent most of the morning doing office work, and making (or trying to make) arrangements to see some properties this afternoon. I ended up showing only one property, but it was a nice property, and my client seemed to like it, and he may be near a decision. That will be nice, and I think he will be in the market to purchase a property in the coming months. You would be surprised how many properties are for lease in the area between $5K and $15K per month. I was surprised!

I had a luncheon meeting at the Board this afternoon, and that went well. I am still surprised that Monday is a Holiday. I did not figure that out until yesterday, so I am still trying to reconcile that in my little pea-brain.

After my showing appointment, I made my way home and put the gates I bought a while back in the truck and took them back to tractor supply. I bought two new (bigger) gates, and the new plan for the gates will work out well.

So anyway, that was the purpose of going to Taylor for dinner tonight, I needed to go anyway to trade the gates, and it was convenient to 'multi-task' as long as we were going to be there anyway.

Now, go and do a good deed, and make sure you have fun while you are doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment