Monday, May 11, 2009

Day One Hundred Thirty One...

Oh no, this is awful! This is what I came upon on my way to work this morning. There is one road that I like to take to FM972, because it is really a pretty little lane, and there is this really cute, nicely redone home (and the property is right on a little creek). Today, there were lots of emergency vehicles there, and the place pretty much burned to the ground. The neighbors were there and I stopped to talk with them (they own the Bassett Hounds, but that is another story). I do not know if they reported the fire or not, since you cannot see this house from their house, but they said no one was in the house to the best of their knowledge, and that the house had been vacant for a while, and there were no utilities on in the property. That certainly makes it somewhat suspicious. The property had also been rented in the past, but not recently. Interesting. I think this is just terrible, it was such a nice little home.

Okay, here is the definition of 'first thing in the morning' as explained by an installer of wind turbine generators. 1:30 PM. Whatever! I called the wind turbine place at about 12:30 PM, and I was told that the equipment to raise the turbines was scheduled to arrive between 1:30 PM and 2 PM. That means 3:05 PM to you and me. Finally at about 7:15 PM they had both of the turbines erected, and one of them was spinning its' little heart out, but the other one does not seem to want to spin. It is blamed on the direction of the wind, and if the wind changes direction that will solve everything. They are not that far apart, and there is not that much interference, but I will wait and give them the benefit of the doubt. Oh, and there is a piece missing off of the one that is actually working, which causes it not to transmit date about how much energy is being produced. So, they will have to come back again and fix that, and-on-and-on-and-on.

Jody fixed us a nice dinner this evening of stuffed salmon and broccoli, and that was yummy. Our friend Michael will be leaving tomorrow, heading back to Miami, and we will both miss him. He is so much fun, and makes me remember all the fun we had when we were 'kids' in our mid-to-late 20's. We both love him very much!

Okay, were you kind to someone today? I am certain of it, and I am certain that you are getting this down comfortably by now. Go on, do a good deed, and it will come back to you many times over. And, HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment