Monday, May 4, 2009

Day One Hundred Twenty Four...

This photo really does not do much in the way of describing my day. I knew it was going to be a busy day, and as is normal for the routine, I had 'over scheduled' myself, and was somewhat frantic to see that I could get everything done and not ignore someone. Scheduling is kind of like overbooking for the airlines. Just because you make an appointment with someone does not necessarily mean the appointment will happen on the day or time that it is scheduled, so sometimes I kind of bet that something will not happen. And occasionally all the appointments actually 'make' and I am 'over scheduled'. I kind of like that phrase, and I use it often, and no one seems to need an explanation of it. Everyone knows what it means, and everyone accepts it as a way of life.

I got into the office at about the normal time, even though I left the house kind of late. Since it is the first of the month, there are always lots of things to do, rents to collect, excuses to listen to and penalties to enforce. AND, I had an appointment to list a wonderful home out by the lake, and the Seller's are wonderful, wise, travelled, educated, thoughtful, considerate (I could go on-and-on) and really just a joy to be around. They are listing the property for sale and moving to the West Coast (I think) and their son referred them to me. Needless to say, I like them very much, and I know how traumatic selling a home and uprooting yourself can be (I have some experience with that), and I do not want to put any pressure on them. Anyway, I really enjoyed my visit with them, and it was a pleasure being asked to list the property for them. EVERYTHING will work out wonderfully for them, they are just those kind of folks, and they deserve the best!

Okay, after that appointment, I stopped at Chic-Fil-A and had chicken nuggets for lunch (in my car) on the way back to the office. When I got back to the office, I had the finishing touches for a deal I negotiated over the weekend, and first of the month issues to attend to. Got most of that done, and touched every e-mail that I had, and left to go to Costco with my business partner. There is always time for shopping, no matter what else there is!

Oh yeah, and I am on Ombudsman duty for the Texas Association of REALTORS from now until the 15th of the month, and I already have one file that I am working. Acting as an Ombudsman (look it up) is really gratifying and enjoyable, and I look forward to doing it. The only trouble is, you are scheduled for these dates MONTHS in advance, when your calendar is perfectly clear...and then reality happens. BUT, after the 15th of the month, it will be over with, and I will most likely be wondering what to do with all my spare time.

I left the office today at about 4:40 PM, and the drive home was truly a record breaker! I did not get home until after 7 PM, there were two wrecks at two different spots on the Interstate, one of which (where it is usually clear sailing) had all northbound lanes closed and traffic was being diverted onto the service road. Not a fun thing, but I am happy that it does not happen on a regular basis. Where are the jet cars we are all supposed to be using? Isn't that what we were all told to expect in grade school? I know for sure I was told that, and I am still waiting!

Okay, so I am somewhat lacking in the good deed department today, I was not a really friendly person to all the people stuck with me in traffic, and I am sure I needs to say several hail Mary's to undo that, but I will work on it tomorrow. In the meantime, just because I did not have the best day of my life, does not mean that you should not go do something nice for someone. It will do you good, and HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment