Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day One Hundred Forty Seven...

Well, well, well...and so it begins, not enough hours in the day, over scheduled, and everyone is in desperate need of your full attention RIGHT NOW. Hmmm...is there not enough time to stop and smell the morning glories? Okay, I will grant you that this is not one of the most fabulous of all photos of morning glories, but it was the best I could do at 6:30 AM, and you should be happy with what you are getting. So THERE! Okay, I am better now...inhale pink...exhale blue. If you are interested I can teach you the 'square breathing' method which is guaranteed to lower your stress level almost instantly, or cause you to hyper-ventilate...one or the other! You choose!

Traffic continues to be tolerable, and I continue to have a wonderful life. I am a very lucky man, perhaps the luckiest man in all of the world, although I know a couple other folks who think they are the luckiest, but unfortunately, they are mistaken. I AM THE LUCKIEST and the HAPPIEST person I know. Thanks for asking.

We are getting close to the end of the month at the office, which means processing security deposits, and answering tenant complaints when the pay their rents for the next month. As I have explained in the past, many tenants cannot pay their rent without complaining about something, and that is just a fact of life.

I did attend a luncheon this afternoon at the Board of Realtors with the Regional Vice Presidents of the Texas Association of REALTORS, and it was very interesting and an informative meeting. Chances are good our elected State leaders will be called back into Austin for a Special Session of the State Legislature, and that is always interesting. Some times I feel our State Government procedures are desperately in need of fixing...okay, face it, I always think that. Lots of other good information was shared, and I am enjoying getting to know how things work on a Local, State and National level. Very interesting. I did not have this much information since I quit going to work out at the Town Lake YMCA! There were always deals being worked out in the locker room there, and it was really interesting!

I know for sure that we are having corn-on-the-cob for dinner tonight...with what else I am not so sure, but I know it will be good.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day from sun-up to sun-down, so I am going to try and get some rest. It rained like crazy for a short while in Austin, but not a drop here at the farm. DARN DARN DARN! Maybe rain tomorrow, maybe this weekend. Even though we got rain over the weekend, we can never have too much rain. Try telling that to the folks in Florida!

Hurricane season starts on Monday, so everyone needs to get prepared. Don't say I did not tell you!

Have a great rest of your day, evening or night. Make sure you do something nice for someone, and HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment