Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day One Hundred Twenty Seven...

It always works out this way...nothing on the schedule and then EVERYTHING on the schedule at the same time! Today I have another Leadership Training Class, this afternoon I will o pick up our friend Mike at the airport, AND the installation of the wind turbine is scheduled for today as well. I would really like to be here for that, and I will (it is assumed) miss the whole installation process. That's is the way it goes, nothing much I can do about it! Anyway, it will be interesting to see the turbines up (and hopefully spinning) when I get home about 8 PM this evening.

Later the same day...The class today was a very good one, and I might be somewhat prejudiced because it was mostly about something that I am very familiar with and very passionate about...REALTOR ethics. I love the subject, and I can really get into it and it is just something that I enjoy teaching and learning about. So, that was really good, and I think the class overall really enjoyed it. The beginning part of the class was about conflict management and competition between individuals. A very good class indeed.

We were dismissed from class about 4 PM, and I headed to the office. I did that because my friend from Miami was due to arrive at the airport at 6:25 PM. I checked his flight and found he was to arrive 35 minutes late...but I had a hunch it might not happen. Southwest has a really good habit of not being late, and the flight did indeed arrive late, but only by about 5 minutes. So, we got to the farm at a reasonable time, and had a great time on the way. I have known Michael since about the mid 70's, and we have always been great friends, and it is always wonderful to see him. We always have big fun together and you really can't tell that we have not seen each other in almost a year. We met in Memphis, and I think Mike left for Miami in about 1976 and I left Memphis in 1979...but we have always kept up with each other.

Jody had dinner ready when we got home, and it was delicious...baked chicken and corn on the cob. The wind turbines are not up yet, in fact the two masts are laying on their sides out in the pasture. It seems the machine that lifts them into place (a crane maybe) broke and they had to go to Dallas to get another one. Oh well, they are supposed to be back tomorrow. Maybe they will be up tomorrow, and I will give you a full report. ALSO, the electric Co-op that we get our power from does not have our new meter ready, so even if they get them up tomorrow, they will be spinning away, but not yet supplying power to the house. Another delay, the they should have the meter installed next week. Hopefully.

So, time for bed. Have you done your good deed for the day? I did let someone cut in front of me at a red light, so that counts. Do something nice for someone as quickly as you can, and report back to me! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment