Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day One Hundred Thirty...

This is what a money end of a wind turbine electricity generator looks like in a box sitting in our front pasture. Just kind of sitting there, not being very productive at all.

Today has been a busy day, but one filled with relaxation and a general sense of do-nothing-ness. Wonderful. Our friends Jim and Bonnie stayed overnight with us last night, after having come into town from Houston to attend the party. We all got up around 7'ish and went to Denny's for breakfast. When we got home, we were actually kind of sleepy (okay, I was kind of tired and Jody was kind of sleepy), so we just kind of hung around the yard and looked at stuff, sat around out in front (while Michael picked weeds, BRAVO!) and then we just moved from place-to-place sitting and talking and having a good time.

We all had lunch and by then it was pretty close to 2 PM and Jim and Bonnie headed out for Houston (by way of the outlet mall). Soon after that our friend Gary came for a visit, and he and Michael and I took an excursion to Tractor Supply Store to get a fly rub and the stuff you put on it to help treat the flies on the cattle. The flies are REALLY bad this year! Anyway, to accomplish that, we had to go to two different Tractor Supply Stores, and by the time we got back to the house, it was too hot and I was too tired to really do anything. SO, I am planning to put up the fly rub and all that stuff tomorrow, HOPEFULLY. I have it kind-of figured out in my head how I want to do it, I just hope it will work the way I want it to. Sometimes things look great on paper, but the reality is something different. Hopefully it will all work out, and life for the cattle will once again be good.

Gary left to go home (by way of Target) and Michael and I went into the pool for a while. I was surprised how much warmer the pool is today compared to yesterday, although we did have a pretty sunny day today. I am a little bit concerned about the flies, though. Those suckers can bite, and Michael said he was bitten by one that had a knife and fork. Honestly, they are really kind of mean, no wonder the cattle are so disturbed by them. After the swim, we went to find the blackberry bush that our friends Colette and Wayne found yesterday. Finally on the fourth or fifth try to locate them, we found them. The actual tree (I always thought blackberries grew on a thorny kind of vine, but these are actually growing on a tree) is in our neighbors pasture, but we felt we were entitled to the ones that were hanging over to our side of the fence. They are kind of sweet, but really small, and it would take a lot to make a cobbler, so we will continue with the frozen cobblers that are readily available at the local markets.

We all come in and had a nice dinner, and that will pretty much be it for the night. The wind turbine installers are due to be here 'early in the morning' and I really think that means just a little while after Noon, but I will give the the benefit of the doubt for right now. We shall see...

So, take a moment to reflect on the good deeds you have done today, and I hope that will make you feel warm and comfortable that you were able to do something kind and worthwhile for someone else. Good for you! and I hope you had some fun doing it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment