Monday, December 21, 2009

Day Three Hundred Fifty Five...

If this doesn't get you into the season, I just don't know what will! Actually, I saw this little decoration on an ancient looking Mercedes on Thanksgiving Day, and kept it so I could use it for later posts. I think it is really interesting, kind of like the blue box from Tiffany's. Tasteful, understated, kind of elegant in its' own way. Not too commercial, somewhat environmentally friendly (especially if it is a diesel, huh?) using sustainable products and re-using what you already have (instead of going out and buying a NEW Mercedes). AND the car was parked outside the Michael's Hobby Center in Georgetown, so you know the owner is not only artsy and crafty, but budget oriented as well. All the good things in life. What could be better?

So far the day has been a good one. Traffic was NO PROBLEM this morning, and I have actually gotten some work done, and I have made a trip to the post office, and that was not a challenge wither. Everyone must be caught up in the snow-drifts in the northeast, having abandoned the warmer climes of central Texas for the annual 'oh, now I remember why I moved to Texas' trip to visit relatives and kin folk. Whatever... I needed to mail a small gift to my friend Michael who lives in Florida, and I know he will be overwhelmed by our generosity and thoughtfulness when he opens it on (or about) Christmas Day. Whatever...

I still need to make one more trip...I am doing NO SHOPPING this year, and so far that is working out pretty well. Jody and I made a pact not to exchange gifts...we really do not need to, since if we want to get something for the other, we just do it...it is kind of like celebrating Christmas all year long. I am truly a lucky man, and I am totally aware of that fact!

Okay, that is done...I went to Academy Sports and bought a new pair of sweat pants. I needed those for a couple reasons; 1). So I don't need to hold my stomach in every time I try to put them on, and 2). So when I go to have my knee done tomorrow, I am supposed to be wearing clean, loose fitting clothing. So I figured it would be okay to have a new pair of loose fitting sweat pants. I also got a new hat...a Texas A&M hat, so I can be a equal opportunity (I did not attend either school) hat wearer. You never know where the allegiances lie out here in the country, so I figure it can't hurt to have an Aggie hat handy. We shall see...

Leftovers for dinner tonight, and I am supposed to be drinking LOTS of water tonight, since I cannot have anything to eat or drink until after the surgery tomorrow. That SUCKS! Also, I am going to take my camera with me...what do you think the odds are of the surgeon taking a photo (mid-procedure) so I can post it on the blog tomorrow? So far, the odds-makers are not thinking it is going to happen, but I really don't see what the big deal is. They can change their gloves AFTER they take the photo and everything will remain 'sanitized for my protection'. Whatever...

Deeds, Actions, Kindnesses, Changes, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment