Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day Three Hundred Thirty Seven...

(With apologies to Tennessee Ernie Ford...) You take another class and what do you get? Another day older and deeper inept... okay, or whatever! So...okay, today is my birthday, and it has been a great one, and it is almost over. Not that the occasion is that big of a deal (after this many trips around the sun, the novelty of a birthday has kind of worn off), but the day was actually excellent. Probably not the kind of most excellent day you would all imagine, but for me it was really good. I got to the Board of REALTORS early this morning because you never know what traffic is going to do. I was attending an Instructors Training session for the new TREC Ethics and Legal Update, and I really enjoyed the class. A lot of it was the folks that I was sitting with...Dan, Candy, Lori (from TAR) and another lady from Jonestown, all very nice, and we all had a really nice day together. I am really happy because I feel like I have gotten to know Dan much better and CANDY...I really enjoy getting to know you (I know you occasionally read this, so I am happy to know you!). Anyway, the class is going to be a much better class for the students (and the Instructors) than the class that we have been teaching for about the last four years. I am very happy about that.

I had lots of e-mails, phone calls and texts from friends, and that was really nice. I usually don't like getting those calls on my birthday (I am happier entertaining than I am being entertained), but today was fabulous. Thanks to you all for your kindnesses.

AND, throughout the day, I was able to do some power real estate. I actually got a lot of work done during breaks and the lunch break, and all calls were returned, and all calls I had to initiate were done. A great day altogether.

I even heard from friends Reagan and Elaine. Elaine and I actually rendezvoused in the parking lot of the HEB in Georgetown. We had not seen each other since the party here at the farm in May, so that was a delight. Great to see her. AND, Elaine told me a secret today. But if I told you, it would not be a secret, would it. SO...it will be our secret! After I left Elaine, I called Reagan (her husband) and we had a nice chat too. What a great day!

When I got home, Jody and I went to the Filling Station Restaurant in Bartlett for dinner. I was expecting to have the Shrimp Platter as advertised in the Bartlett Tribune-Progress (Serving Central Texas Since 1886), but when we got there they said that is only served on the weekends. I think they should include that in the advertisements. Anyway, far be it from me to make a scene (that would be so unlike me, I know), so we both had the catfish plate, and it was DELICIOUS. One of these days I will finally have the Shrimp Plate. I have been trying to have a Shrimp Plate there for months, but perhaps it is just not meant to be. Whatever (or maybe I don't care). Whatever...

Home now, about time to commence to piling up for the night. Tomorrow will be another early day, and I have a hearing to chair in the afternoon. AND THEN IT WILL BE THE WEEKEND!

Kindness, Changes, Deeds, Actions, FUN and FRIED SHRIMP!

No comments:

Post a Comment