Friday, December 11, 2009

Day Three Hundred Forty Five...

Today is not as pretty as it was yesterday, but I think I am really lucky that I have the ability to see what is outside my window, and if I wanted to I could walk outside and enjoy it. Many many people in the world are not as fortunate as me, and I try to remember that every day. I do not think it got nearly as cold last night as they (you know who they are, don't you) were predicting, and that was a good thing. It is another cloudy, gray day, and it is supposed to start drizzling rain in just a few hours. I just checked out the radar and it does not look that bad. If it is going to get drizzly, it had better hurry up.

Michael called me yesterday and told me he and Slade had gotten the electrical service connected to the corner of the pasture (where I am going to connect the electric fence) and too the feed barn and the big barn. YIPPEE! Now we will at least have power at the two barns if we ever need it. AND, let's see the cattle try to mess with the new electric fences. I am all about renewable energy sources, but the solar fence chargers were just not doing the job, and we had two of them. From what I know (and all I know is what the neighbors tell me) the new AC charger will work MUCH better than the solar powered ones. The biggest escape artist (the steer calf) has gone on to other pastures, and now resides in Bastrop County (with Roy and Sharon), but the new charger will hopefully keep and future calves from getting into bad habits.

I saw a fox on the way to work this morning...I am pretty sure it was a fox and not a coyote based on the size and the tail. I have seen coyotes in the area before (including a couple close up and personal encounters when we first moved here), but I am really confident this was a fox. There was a photo of a fox in the Bartlett Tribune-Progress (Serving Central Texas Since 18__), that had been hanging out around town, not bothering anyone, and was on the wrong end of a contest between it and a motorized vehicle. ANYWAY, it was really pretty, and you just don't see those things every day.

A few days ago was the Bear Dog's anniversary with us. I have nick-named him 'Bo-Bo, which I am pretty sure drives Jody crazy. I have always given my/our pets (and many of my friends) nick-names. It is just one of my quirky habits. He came to live with us on December 9th last year, and time has really gone by quickly. He is a great dog, and we are just one big happy family. He was meant to come and live with us, and we are really happy he is here. He has put on a few pounds since last year, and we love him very much. He is not really all that keen on having his photo taken, though, and he does not like human feet or fly swatters. I wish many times that I could read his mind, I would expect that he has some really interesting stories to tell.

We are heading out to a dinner function this evening, and I will tell you all more about that tomorrow. It is going to be a lot of fun, and there should be some really great photos. We shall see...

In the meantime...Deeds, Actions, Kindnesses, Changes and FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment