Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day Three Hundred Forty Nine...

Well, this is a photo of the traffic congestion I encountered on the way home this afternoon. Some of you that read this journal may never have seen two icons in one photo...the glorious capitol dome of the Great State of Texas...and another icon usually seen smushed in the middle of a road somewhere, the Armadillo, the Official Something of the Great State of Texas. The things you see when you are on the highways of our great State. Traffic opened up somewhat once we got through downtown, and it was relatively smooth sailing. I made it into Walburg before 5 o'clock, which meant the ONE service station in Walburg was still open, so I stopped for gas, so I won't have to do that tomorrow.

This morning, I was up early again (I do not seem to be able to sleep much past 3:30 AM, and that is a bit of a concern to me). I think maybe I should sign up for a paper route, since I am already awake! Anyway, I needed to get into the office early again, I had stuff to do, and needed to be in Cedar Park for a 10 o'clock appointment. I was a defendant in a small claims court proceeding, and I was able to get the case against me and Carrie dismissed by the Judge. Basically, I felt that the complainant (I am not sure what they classified the unhappy party as in this court) named the wrong person in the proceeding, so now I need to see how the person that should have been named wants to react, should the complainant want to further pursue the case. Anyway, I really feel that there were no winners in this proceeding, and I would like the former tenant to feel that he was treated equitably. I guess I will just have to wait and see how this all plays out.

I went to HEB for lunch, and had catfish and mashed potatoes from their Deli for lunch, and there was lots of it, too. So much, that tonight I am settling for soup and salad for dinner. As I was beginning to write this entry, Jody remarked that there was a pretty sunset outside. I have been a little disappointed in a couple things with our sunsets lately; 1). They are not as fabulous as the sunsets as photographed by my friend Blake, who lives in Lago Vista, and 2). I am not satisfied with the way my camera reacts when I am taking sunset photos. It is a poor worker who blames their tools...whatever...

Okay, tomorrow is our office Holiday Party, and we are all pretty much looking forward to that. It will be a lot of fun, and I think we are expecting more guests this year than ever before. I hope everyone have a nice time, and I am also sure that by this time tomorrow night, I will be complaining about have too much food at lunch AGAIN!

Deeds, Actions, Kindnesses, Changes, FOOD and FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment