Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day Three Hundred Sixty Three...

Well, well, well...what have we here? It seems to be time for the Fireworks Stands to be open in anticipation of the New Year Holiday. Not too much to worry about this year, there has been a good bit of rain, and it is raining again today, so GO AHEAD, knock you socks off, go ahead and shoot off your fireworks...I think it will be okay. Not too much dry brush around where we live, so we are not too anxious about it. It should be a good year for the vendors. HAVE FUN!

Okay, this is all editorial comment here. What the heck is wrong with Charlie Sheen? Seems like he cannot control himself, so why should we all keep hoping for the best? I used to really like his show on TV, and I have to admit, last nights episode was one of the better ones, but really...REALLY? I am getting tired of the double entendres (sp?), and the dirty little jokes...and I am not really that much of a prude. I am just tired of it. I don't think you have to be 'dirty' to be funny. OMG, I am turning into my mother. Now, I guess he spent some more time in the pokey over the weekend, but he really needs to get a grip. I know nothing of his current wife, but I was not a fan of his last wife, but now she may have been right all along. I ONLY KNOW WHAT I READ IN THE INQUIRER!

Okay, it turned out to be a really busy day in the office. River (one of our assistants) will be going to Mexico and won't be back until Monday afternoon, so that is a good thing and a little bit of a bad thing (end of the month/first of the month for property managers is always busy), but it will all be good. All kinds of organization going on, both at the office and at our homes as well. Everyone is working to get ready for the New Year, so we can all hit the ground running. I think it will be a good new decade.

Traffic was not terrible on the way home, even though the roads are wet, and no one here knows how to drive with wet roads. That is why everything here shuts down if there is even a hint that there will be snow or ice. That is usually lots of fun, and an automatic day off. It is not even supposed to go below freezing tonight, so that gave me a break from having to go and shut the water off at the troughs. I think everything will be just fine!

Lots of stuff to do still before the New Year, and I hope you are all making plans as well. Some one asked me where we would be going for New Years, and I told them we would be going to sleep! Will you set your clock to be up for the New Year? Well, uh...NO! Why ruin a perfectly good snooze?

My leg is doing much better, and I think just having the cumbersome bandaging off is helping a tremendous amount. Thanks for all your kind wishes!

Deeds, Actions, Kindnesses, Changes, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment