Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day Three Hundred Sixty One...

Well, I should have know this was a gummint project since it was taking SUCH A LONG TIME to construct. The other day (Christmas Day) when Jody and I were coming home from our Lupper with Michael and Lynda, we noticed this wind turbine at a construction site that was not there just a few days before. So, today I decided (and Jody had no place else to go) that I wanted to go on a field trip to see what this project was/is. It turns out that it is a transportation station for CARTS which is the Capital Area Rural Transportation System. CARTS provides transportation services (for the elderly, I think) to Austin from 169 communities in about five or six different counties (I also think, not sure). This facility is going to be the Georgetown Station (An Intermodal Transit Facility, and I am not sure what that means, either). They are also building a new station in Taylor. I checked out the web-site, but it was not very helpful to the un-informed, and I think the services that are provided are some sort of a secret, and you must get the inside scoop from a social service provider, and then the whole thing becomes perfectly clear. BUT, I am sure that this is a very important service to the community, and that it is a totally worthwhile effort. My interest in the whole thing was the wind generator that suddenly appeared and I wanted to know what type of facility it was/is. The location should provide a good bit of wind for the generator, and I would imagine that, with the up-to-the-minute construction principals used the generator will provide a good bit of the electricity needed for the building. It will be interesting to find out if they will have any battery back ups for the storage of the electricity, or if they are intending to just do the net-metering, and sell electricity back to the provider. I will need to make a few phone calls to figure that part out.

Okay, now back to boring stuff. I did not sleep well last night, my leg was bothering me a good bit, and I was up and about at about 4 o'clock this morning. I went back to bed at about 7 or so, and napped until about 9 AM, and got up feeling much better. I made a (kind of) egg loaf, and that was good, and after that I did chores, including feeding cattle, putting a fresh bale of hay out for them, and putting a fresh bucket of molasses out for them. Everyone seemed pleased with the attention they were getting, and that was a good thing. The chores took longer than I expected, and I was a little tired when I got back in.

I sat down in front of the TV and stared at it for a while, and then I asked Jody if he wanted to go into town, and that is what got us started on the field trip to the CARTS facility. We took our own sweet time coming and going, and went down a road that we had not travelled before, and that is always fun. It is a beautiful day here, and temperatures are in the middle 50's and the sun is shining wonderfully. It is supposed to freeze again tonight, which means I will need to go and turn the water off to the cattle troughs before it gets dark, and I will need to turn them back on in the morning before I leave for the office.

I am excited about my appointment at the doctors tomorrow. I expect he will say it is okay to leave off these 'Ted Hose' things, and I can also get rid of the gauze and cotton wraps. Jody washed the hose for me this morning, and they were washed with a couple red items, and they are now just the slightest blush of pink as opposed to the surgical white they were when I got them last Tuesday. Anyway, I think I am progressing nicely, and I expect the stitches will be removed tomorrow, and I will also be approved for a full shower. I am tired of the PTA baths (ask me if you want to know), and I am looking forward to something that more resembles normalcy. I have big hopes!

I am thinking Jody is fixing leftovers for dinner...either that or spaghetti and meatballs. Only four more days to go for this year, and I (like most other people) will swear off pie and most sweets (I am not going to get totally carried away with it) for the New Year. I can lose 15 pounds or so with out too much trouble, and after that I hope I will be out on my bicycle and that will help take off a few more pounds. I am not sure about making any 'official' resolutions, but I do have some plans for things I would like to accomplish in the New Year. Wait and see!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, Kindnesses, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment