Friday, December 4, 2009

Day Three Hundred Thirty Eight...

Okay, all you northernites can wallow in the massive accumulations of snow in your forsaken frigid lands, BUT this is most likely as close as we are going to get to any kind of frozen precipitation here in the wonderful central Texas area. Literally, we can really eat these snowballs, or we can pitch them, we can do whatever in the H*LL we want to with them...except we probably cannot slip, slide, trip or fall over them. These are certainly civilized snowballs, to say the least! AND PINK!

Well, I did actually see some snow today. I was at the Board of REALTORS and it did start snowing, and continued to snow for about 30 to 45 minutes. I was chairing a Professional Standards hearing, and it was too bad we were all in the meeting when it was snowing outside, just a few feet away from us. It was a beautiful sight while it lasted. The hearing was interesting, as they all are, and this one was extra interesting. It is always interesting how things evolve during the actual hearing process. We (the panel members) are presented with the printed evidence prior to the trial, so we can become familiar with it. It is up to each side (complainant/respondent) to 'make their own case', and sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. ANYWAY, it is always a learning process, and it is something I have done at the Board that has made me a better REALTOR. I learn how to be a better REALTOR in every hearing I am a part of. They are fascinating.

The drive home this afternoon was REALLY uneventful, and I made it home by about 5:30. I checked the water meter to make sure we were still leak free, and then I place the covers on the hose bibs around the house. We should be in pretty good shape for the expected cold weather tonight. In the seven day forecast, tonight is the only chance of freezing weather, but I expect there will be more before we are back and complaining about the high and prolonged temperatures.

Ahhh, the weekend. I have no idea what I will do with the next two days, but I am pretty sure they will be gone before I know it. I am teaching a class at the Board on Monday (okay, actually two classes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon), so I will do a little bit of prep before then. This is the last time I will teach this series of the TREC Ethics and Legal Updates. The next time I teach these classes, it will be the new material that was developed, and that I trained for yesterday. I am really looking forward to that.

Maybe there will be an auction tomorrow. At least I am pretty darn sure that there will be a spoiler in our future. Always a spoiler on the weekend in Georgetown. YUM!

Okay, that will do it for now. Deeds, Kindness, Changes, Actions, FUN, Snowballs Chances...what do you think the odds are?

No comments:

Post a Comment