Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day Three Hundred Fifty One...

Guess what kids? IT'S RAINING! Whatever... Imagine that, it is raining again in Central Texas! So far, only about a half-inch, and we really need the rain, but you know the song I have been singing for the last several weeks. It would be nice if we could dry out a little bit between rains, but I guess that is not in the cards for us. The trouble is, when it does decide to dry out, I expect it will be dry for months-and-months! Drought is what we are used to here in Central Texas, and we will take the wheat with the chafe, as we always do. We are happy to be here, a little bit more damp than we would like, but still happy to be here. Traffic, on the other hand, was not that happy this morning. It has been a while since traffic was this slow coming into Austin, but it might have something to do with the fact that I did not really have an urgent need to be in the office really early, so I left the house later than usual. BUT, it is all worth it! I love my job, I love where I live, and they just do not happen to be next door to each other. I am a REALLY LUCKY guy!

We had our PM meeting this morning, and River was absent. She has not been feeling well lately, and at the luncheon yesterday, she only had soup. We all hope she feels better soon. We are only going to be open three days next week, and it is the winding down to the New Year that is happening now. Carrie and I made a pact to make NO GIFT PURCHASES for each other this year and I am delighted about that. We both (I assume) have everything we could possibly imagine, we do not need more material things.

Oh, and today is my Meals-On-Wheels day! I love delivering food to my 'folks', and I especially love delivering IN THE RAIN! Rain is one thing, but we are experiencing rain and FREEZING cold weather. Okay, maybe I am exaggerating just a little bit...we are experiencing rain and temperatures in the 40's, which to us in Texas is just about the same thing a freezing cold weather. Temperatures in the 40's with bright sunshine and clear skies we can deal with! Okay, I am back from delivering my Meals-on-Wheels route, and I have ONE client today. Somehow, that seems impractical at its' worst, but at least it was my favorite client.

Here is a pretty cool picture of three of the peacocks (maybe a peahen thrown in) from our luncheon yesterday at Green Pastures. Carrie took this photo, and it is really an interesting composition. I love the gnarled live oaks that you see in this area, and with the pea-whatevers roosting in the trees, it just makes it even that more interesting. It almost looks like the birds are camouflaged in the trees, and the whole thing is very subtle. Very nicely done, Ms Carrie Sue-Jean!

A little bit of Tex-Mex for lunch today, and then I was off to CostCo to shop for snacks. We were sponsoring an afternoon break at the Austin Board of REALTORS (hi Beth!), and I needed nibbles for fifty students. I now know why I have not done any Christmas Shopping yet...because it took me 25 minutes to GET OUT of the parking lot at CostCo. That took longer than it took for me to park, shop, pay and pack. It was crazy! Total chaos and grid-lock in the parking lot. Anyway...I got the stuff, and we did the break, and when we left the building, the sun had decided to make an appearance! Very Nice!

So, I decided to come home from the Board, and I made it home pretty early. Jody was not home (he had gone to Taylor to do some shopping), but I was not home long before Jody arrived. The sun is still out, and it seems like it will stick around for a couple days. That will be nice! I need to go watch the tribute to Charlie Gibson, two more days until he retreats into retirement. Darn!

Okay, Deeds, Changes, Actions, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment