Monday, December 14, 2009

Day Three Hundred Forty Eight...

Okay, today could officially be the last time I preside over a Professional Standards hearing on behalf of the Austin Board of REALTORS. AND, in honor of that occasion, this photo was taken of me, the panel and the hearing staff. Left to right: Doug, Gina, ME, Jim, Sally, Kevin, Edie and Dave. I have really learned a lot by being active in our Board of REALTORS, and I will really miss participating in the Professional Standards hearings. I will still be a member of the Committee, but I am not sure if I will be a member of any panels, since in January I will become a Director for the Board of REALTORS. Another interesting journey is about to begin!

Tom and I went to a new place in Austin for lunch, it is called Ted's Porch (I think) and it is on South Lamar, close to Brodie Oaks. In the spring or fall I think it will be a really nice place to go, because they have a second floor terrace that looks over a valley towards Westlake Hills, so that will be really nice. I ordered the Chicken & Dumplings (made the way mom used to) and you know what, they were nothing at all like MY MOM used to make them. And the 'smashed potatoes' were not smashed so good. This should not be taken as a complaint, more of a critique. The menu description also did not mention anything about cilantro on the food, and it was COVERED with cilantro, which is not one of my favorites. Tom had the chicken fried chicken, with smashed potatoes AND macaroni and cheese. Thumbs up for the chicken, two thumbs down for the smashed potatoes and the macaroni and cheese. BUT, Tom said he would go back just for the chicken, it was that good. I think I need to start keeping the menus at restaurants I go to, just so I can compare the final product with the advertised product. I am REALLY getting cranky in my old age!

It is another grey and overcast day in Austin today, and I was supposed to have an appointment at the Orthopedic surgeon this afternoon at 4 o'clock, but he has called and cancelled, BUT we made another appointment for Wednesday at a totally inconvenient time. We shall see what happens, but I really am not expecting any complications from the surgery, I guess I am just enjoying to complaining part of the whole thing. I think it may be a prelude to even older age, when I will sit around in the home and ask people in the next chair if they want to see my scar. It could happen...very easily...I could well be turning into my mother!

Not sure what to expect from traffic on the way home tonight, but if the number of sirens (police, fire, EMS) that have been screaming past my office for the past thirty minutes is any indication, I need to consider leaving for home NOW!

Well, of course I put off leaving for a while, but traffic was really not terrible. I had some errands to do (bank, post office) so it took me about an hour and thirty minutes to get home. That also included looking for the new subdivision 'Walburg Estates' which so far continues to elude me. I will find it, and when I do, I will report back! Otherwise, life continues to be good. I spoke with an old friend Chris while I was driving home this afternoon; he was a REALTOR at the first agency I worked with 15 years ago or so, and he left that to sell Volvo's, and he is doing very well at it. He and I have not talked for quite some time, and it was fun to catch up. I also had a call from another REALTOR that may want to refer a piece of sales business to me later in the spring, that will be fun!

SO, it is almost time for dinner. It seems I live for food. Meat Loaf! YUM! So, as I close this entry, remember...Deeds, Changes, Actions, Kindnesses, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment