Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day Three Hundred Forty Four...

How common is this? A photo of Evans with his mouth open! It is another beautiful day in central Texas, although I have heard some reports (okay, I have READ some reports on FeceBook) that the weather outside is frightful. Well, actually no, it is a beautiful, but it is COLD. We are wimps! If the higher powers had intended us to need winter clothing, s/he would have provided us with a line of credit at Nordstrom's...or at least Stein Mart. Anyway, Tom and I braved the cold and the traffic and WALKED across the street from the office to a new trailer vendor (photo adjacent to this entry). I have to tell you, I was much happier with this wiener-vendor than the one that I tried a couple months ago on South Lamar. Tom decided the wieners were comparable, but this guy had SUPERIOR BUNS, so I guess I cannot argue with that! And I do have to admit that the buns were yummy and sweet, so I will agree with Tom's assessment. AND NOW, ALL OF YOU, get your minds out of the gutter!

I really do not think it was as cold this morning as they had anticipated. I was under the impression that it was supposed to get into the mid-20's, but I think it only got down to about 30 degrees. Just those few degrees will make a really big difference in water pipes and cows. I am most concerned about the cows, actually, because I do not think they have the good sense to wrap them selves up. The other day, Jody said he hoped the cattle would 'hunker down' in the barn when it is really cold, and I remarked that the other cattle around have no shelters at all to take refuge in. His response was 'Well, those are not our cattle' and I know just exactly what he means. We really treat our cattle kind of like giant chihuahuas. They area little bit spoiled.

Today was my Meals-on-Wheels day, and it seems I am down to just three clients. Clients come and go, and you never really know what happens to them. It was nice to see Mr. Stan at the pick-up spot, and he is a really nice man. He is the expediter at the distribution point, and I think he has been volunteering for years and years. I will begin my 14th year of volunteering for Meals-on-Wheels in January. I can remember when I signed up for Meals-on-Wheels; there was an orientation to go to, and then the first couple times I delivered it was kind of surreal. Much of it is ordinary now, I wonder if I need to just take a fresh look at what I am doing. I still love doing it, and I really enjoy it, but I think I need to get a better appreciation of it. This is not supposed to be sounding negative, so I hope it does not.

There have been lots of accomplishments today, and I have gotten a lot of work done, and caught up on a lot of stuff. I will be leaving the office in another couple hours, and I will get home to that happy and quiet place. Tomorrow will probably be about a half-day, since there is a function to attend tomorrow night. BIG FUN! More about that later.

So...Kindness, Actions, Changes, Deeds, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment