Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day Three Hundred Thirty Six...

Okay, well the verdict is in, and I am not at all surprised. In this day of the Internet, you can do everything you need to do (diagnosis, recommend treatments, etc.) except the actual surgery on line. I had done some research, and even before I began this crusade to get my knee fixed, I was assuming that I would need arthroscopic surgery to correct it. And indeed, that was confirmed today. It seems the worst part of my knee problem is torn or ripped cartilage that has folded back on itself (or folded under itself) and that is what I need to address most urgently...and the other stuff should just kind of fall into place. At least that is kind of the way I understood it. The only hickey in the mix will be, if they get inside (while I am out) and determine that there are 'pockets' of something, they may want to 'drill holes in my kneecap' to increase the blood flow to somewhere to reduce the issues I may have with arthritis in that knee. I think that is what I heard him say...anyway... So, I am scheduled for surgery on the 22nd of December, might as well get this taken care of before the end of the year. Tax purposes and all...

After my doctors appointment, we had a PM meeting in the office (yes, and it was in the AM, Mike!) and all was pretty well under control. I will be attending a class tomorrow ALL DAY, a train-the-trainer class for the new TREC Ethics and Legal Update classes that I may be teaching for the next two years. The TREC Ethics and Legal Updates change every two years, and coincide with our Texas Legislative sessions.

We had a water leak this morning, just another good reason for me to check the meters every day. I called Miguel who had done some work for us over the weekend on the water lines, and he cam out an fixed it before things got too bad. I think we probably lost about 5-600 gallons of water from the leak, it could have been a lot worse!

Chilly here, cold front coming in, possibility of some snow Friday to Saturday. That is really an event for us. They are so far predicting one night with temperatures below freezing and next week we are back to lows in the high 40's. I will take that!

Kindness, Deeds, Actions, Changes, Turn Signals and FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment